Fly Fusion Forums

Window Guy

Howdy, i was wondering if there are any window guys or know of a good window company in town.. my 7by5 living room window crack. the inside pane only, but evertime the sun hits it, it crack some more...dont even know how much this will cost? have home insurance($1000) deductalbe...

Hi

Well I just had all the windows done in my house. I wasn't too impressed with their work. I won't say who they were but they have won the consumers' choice award for many years now. I should have gone with Greg Martineau, who a friend recommended. Cheers.

You don't need to replace the whole frame. There are companies that will just replace the sealed unit of glass. I work in the glass industry in lethbridge and have replaced many. It definitely won't be over your deductible so you are better off to just pay cash. Depending on how old your window is it could be under warranty. It sounds like you may have a slight tint or something that was put on the wrong side from the manufacturer and it has caused a heat break. If you have any other questions about it just send me a pm and I will do my best to help you out.

Nate