Fly Fusion Forums

Third Time's A Charm

Woke up this morning and went out to the car to go get some coffee. Found the wife's van glove compartment open and stuff strewn about. Crap. Luckily, she keeps nothing of value in the car, so it didn't seem as though anything had been taken. With a quick sigh of relief, I started to back up when I noticed my truck and remembered ALL MY FLY GEAR IS IN IT!!! Oh *hit. I run in the house to get the keys and open it up. Same thing, all compartments open, but the only thing of value is the fishing gear, which is all still there. Whew, dodged a bullet on that one. Until I realized both Sirius radios (one from each car) had been taken. Hope they enjoyed the night with them, as I will deactivate them this morning. Anyway, could have been worse. Stupid kids.

This is the third time I've been robbed in my life. Twice cars were broken into and once a garage. Worse thing I've ever lost was a set of golf clubs. I'll be speaking with my neighbors this morning to see how many others were broken in to. The cars were both locked, but there was no damage breaking in. Could have been much worse--I'd say that I'll never leave my rods in the car again, but the odds are I won't stick with it.

Hope the little dough heads get caught!

Woke up this morning and went out to the car to go get some coffee. Found the wife's van glove compartment open and stuff strewn about. Crap. Luckily, she keeps nothing of value in the car, so it didn't seem as though anything had been taken. With a quick sigh of relief, I started to back up when I noticed my truck and remembered ALL MY FLY GEAR IS IN IT!!! Oh *hit. I run in the house to get the keys and open it up. Same thing, all compartments open, but the only thing of value is the fishing gear, which is all still there. Whew, dodged a bullet on that one. Until I realized both Sirius radios (one from each car) had been taken. Hope they enjoyed the night with them, as I will deactivate them this morning. Anyway, could have been worse. Stupid kids.

This is the third time I've been robbed in my life. Twice cars were broken into and once a garage. Worse thing I've ever lost was a set of golf clubs. I'll be speaking with my neighbors this morning to see how many others were broken in to. The cars were both locked, but there was no damage breaking in. Could have been much worse--I'd say that I'll never leave my rods in the car again, but the odds are I won't stick with it.

That sucks Rick! Too bad a sat radio couldn't be GPS tracked.

Some time ago I had a idiot steal a couple of custom-built saddles from me, couple weeks later said idiot was trying to sell two custom-built saddles @ the local Agriplex to a couple of acquaintances of mine. Said acquaintances gave me a call and I went down for a look. Turns out that said idiot was a co-worker @ a place where I was gainfully employed @ the time. Said idiot was guided out behind the horse barn and received a rather thorough old west style "sacking out" before the cops were called. I have no idea if said idiot learned anything or not because I quit being gainfully employed and went back to being self-employed about that time. I do know said idiot was charged w/possession of stolen goods and the RCMP officers just smiled @ him when he complained about the "re-education session". I believe he paid a $350 fine for stealing $6500 worth of saddles.

Some time ago I had a idiot steal a couple of custom-built saddles from me, couple weeks later said idiot was trying to sell two custom-built saddles @ the local Agriplex to a couple of acquaintances of mine. Said acquaintances gave me a call and I went down for a look. Turns out that said idiot was a co-worker @ a place where I was gainfully employed @ the time. Said idiot was guided out behind the horse barn and received a rather thorough old west style "sacking out" before the cops were called. I have no idea if said idiot learned anything or not because I quit being gainfully employed and went back to being self-employed about that time. I do know said idiot was charged w/possession of stolen goods and the RCMP officers just smiled @ him when he complained about the "re-education session". I believe he paid a $350 fine for stealing $6500 worth of saddles.

Thats awesome.. Good to hear your rods weren't lifted too rickr.

I never leave my fishing gear in my vehicle. In fact, I don't leave anything in there but a cheap pair of sunglasses and the odd water bottle and tennis balls for the dogs. I learned from parking at a C-Train parking lot, where other cars got broken into, what to leave and not to leave. You know those fancy garage door openers? Got one? Then don't leave your insurance or anything with your name or address in your vehicle. 2+2 = house broken into through the garage. And always remember, if you leave said garage opener device in your car, to flip the power switch to your garage at night or when you're away for an extended period of time.

Sorry for the big of sideways threadjack there Rick....but I'd like to know how someone broke into your car with no damage....did they pick the lock? Sorry to hear about your radios being jacked...but glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. That's the kind of lesson you don't want to have - an almost-lesson is good enough there hey?

Sorry for the big of sideways threadjack there Rick....but I'd like to know how someone broke into your car with no damage....did they pick the lock?

That's actually a lucky turn, a few years ago my girlfriend's car got broken into via a smashed window and her gym bag stolen. The sweaty clothes were no loss compared to the couple of hundred it cost to get a new window installed. Since then I have stopped locking my doors, there's nothing I leave in there that is more valuable than the window, I just hope the bastards try it first.

Yikes, that is too bad Rick. Good that they only got a couple of radios, although the greater damage from being broken into is the violation of personal space. I suggest that you post a guard-TACO to re-educate would be thieves....

Truck was certainly locked. My guess is slim jim. No damage I can find anywhere.

Son's car was wide open. Wife's car was locked, but it is possible one of the side doors was open because the electric lock does not always lock. Though it usually does, but I can't say for sure it was locked.

Whatever, no damage. I talked to my mechanic about that once and he said with the correct tools it is almost impossible to detect where they came in.

no matter how many times i read through a thread, i often wonder how we can go from the above to the guard-Taco :blink:

RM-54-044.jpg

I think it stems from the re-edumatation of Saddle thieves.

nice.

I scared some guys siphoning my car once and the dude took 2 big swallows. had to call the cops and the ambulance. my belief in a god got a little stronger that day.

..............I scared some guys siphoning my car once and the dude took 2 big swallows. had to call the cops and the ambulance. my belief in a god got a little stronger that day.

Should've offered him a cigarette.

Oh, that's bad. Just kidding. :lol:

And I thought this thread was going to be about a wedding announcement.......

Worst part is the feeling of violation of your personal space. You catch yourself looking around and almost anticipating it again. Takes a long time for that to go away.

I expect the "old west style re-education" will go a lot further than any $35 fine. We need more of that these days..... get them looking around expecting it instead of us.

Adams

lucky you weren't charged. somehow the crooks have more rights then you :rolleyes: I've been ripped off many times, 3 dirtbikes (all different times) vehicles b&e'd, lost all my fishing gear once, lost all my tools once, had 2 houses hit and one attempt, my shop been hit a couple times,the last one was the best. my shop got hit all the booze gone, bring in the fuzz they have a good idea who done it, so they bring him in he admits to it. the RCMP calls us, tells us he admitted to it,BUT they will not do anything about it because crown says he is not creditable.ya he's a f****ng thief

:ninja:

Tiana,

Of course you mean Lake"Minniwanka"!! LoL :P

P

conveniently lake mineawanka is 750 ft deep

Toad, u have to be the unluckiest person i have heard off and soundling a little like an insurance headache

conveniently lake mineawanka is 750 ft deep

Toad, u have to be the unluckiest person i have heard off and soundling a little like an insurance headache

unlucky yes, but fortunate to have stuff other people wanted. only claimed 1 dirtbike, didn't have insurance on the other ones, sat in my boat fishing one day and watched guys rifle thru my truck (being a couple hundred meters away and only oars to get back...they got what they wanted...everything!) ICBC doesn't cover anything unless its bolted down and with a $300 deductible i'll just go and by the $100 deck cause thats all there going to cover not my tools or fishing gear.no renters insurance for me when they clean out the house, I learned renters insurance really isn't that much.....what else oh my cafe "it's just booze they took" don't make a claim for that your rates will go up. want me to go on...