Fly Fusion Forums

Awg14 Wire Ok For 20amp Crt Bker

Hay I have a modern house 2006, I want to put in a sauna for my house mouse, and for my old bones and joints. It needs a 120v 20amp circuit breaker and receptacle, my question is do I have to run different AWG wire for the circuit or can I use the 14AWG that is there and just change the receptacle and Circuit breaker in the panel?

thanks for any info in Advance..

HI, I'm an electrician . 20 amp breaker requires a minimun of #12 AWG wire by Canadian electric code. For your safety i would stick to that code.

Hay I have a modern house 2006, I want to put in a sauna for my house mouse, and for my old bones and joints. It needs a 120v 20amp circuit breaker and receptacle, my question is do I have to run different AWG wire for the circuit or can I use the 14AWG that is there and just change the receptacle and Circuit breaker in the panel?

thanks for any info in Advance..

HI, I'm an electrician . 20 amp breaker requires a minimun of #12 AWG wire by Canadian electric code. For your safety i would stick to that code.

Hi BUll

Thanks that is the answer I expected but and there is always a but, did not want.. no problem I will run new wire install the receptacle and have a qualified electrician put the breaker in.. Thanks..

Make sure you use a 20 amp T slot receptacle on that as well.

Hi BUll

Thanks that is the answer I expected but and there is always a but, did not want.. no problem I will run new wire install the receptacle and have a qualified electrician put the breaker in.. Thanks..