Fly Fusion Forums

G Loomis Warranty

I broke the tip of my G Loomis Streamdance GLX rod in September '09. I returned it to a dealer and they shipped it off to G Loomis. I would call the shop every so often for updates on my rod. 5 months later and no rod , I was at the Flyfishing Expo and spoke to the rep. He explained that there was probably an inventory shortage, apologized and gave me a free hat.

Finally my rod arrived a few weeks ago. It was replaced by a whole new rod and not just the tip section.

I was just wondering what other fishermen's experiences have been with G Loomis. I was just glad that I didn't break the tip in June!!

6 months is a long time to wait for a rod!!

I broke the tip of my gl3 last summer and finally got around to replacing it. The service was done through fish tales and they as well as loomis were great. The rod is no longer in production so they replaced it with an xperience. I was not in a huge rush to get the rod back being off season and all, so I don't recall the exact amount of days till I got it back, but it was within a reasonable amount of time anyhow.

I don't know if they offer the expedited service to Canada or not, (hands down the best warranty service offered by any rod company out there) but that would be the way to go if you are in a rush.

Note: you've got a great rod there and from what I have heard they are very tough for there weight and tip diameter.

I just delt with G loomis this year as well. Although my rod would probably have been under warrenty I desided to go through the expider (sorry for spelling) program instead. They ship you the new rod or equivilant modle and as soon as you recieve the rod you return yours within 30 days. This insured me my rod ASAP and I did not have to pay for Shipping both ways. Just on the return, and I only had to ship the handle bacvk with the model #. So shipping was cheaper to send back because I just cut the handle off and shipped that. The cost with this program is $75.00 and there is no questions asked on how the rod was damages. I have another G loomis to do this with, They are both 6 wts getting replaced and have no need for 2, 6 wts. So I got a 6wt the first time and on my next return on my other 6 wt that is broken they are willing to send me a 3wht instead for that is one I am missing in my lineup. All in all the experiance was awesome and fast, had my new rod 6 days after my phone call.

last spring my 10ish year old gl3 snapped. called up loomis and was told it could take a few months to get my gl3 so they offered me a eastfork. i payed up front for the eastfork and at the same time sent in the gl3 handle. got my new rod in about a week and when they got the handle the charge for the eastfork was gone. and i did pay 75. i would buy another if they were not so spendy.

Wow, you guys made out well, I didn't.

When I accidentally broke the tip of my GL3, I was given a number to call by the retailer. Subsequently I called and GLoomis indicated that the warranty only applied to manufactured defects and not human error. I got nada.

Will never buy another GLoomis again because of that.

Wow, you guys made out well, I didn't.

When I accidentally broke the tip of my GL3, I was given a number to call by the retailer. Subsequently I called and GLoomis indicated that the warranty only applied to manufactured defects and not human error. I got nada.

Will never buy another GLoomis again because of that.

My experience was similar.

I broke my GL3 and was told it would cost me $75 to have it replaced, plus I had to pay to ship the entire broken rod to them. I also got the runaround and story about a backlog in inventory. The guy I had to deal with at Loomis was less than customer friendly. This was in June and I received my new GL3 on the last day of fishing season (here it's Sept 15).

I won't buy another Loomis product.

Adams

From the GLoomis Website:

"G.Loomis rods, custom rod blanks and Syncrotech fly reels are covered by a limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the original owner. "

I think that's pretty clear. The "Expediter Service" is very similar to most other manufacturer's replacement warranties, they just vary in price. When it comes to warranties, I think it is important to really understand the conditions that are in writing, not what anyone "says" or what anyone else assumes.

I spent 3 months comparing manufacturer's warranties in order to develop a "lifetime warranty" for a rod manufacturer and let me tell you this: Read what the warranty actually says in black and white, NOT what you hope it says or what someone else tells you.

Not trying to pimp or bash any stuff. Just trying to put facts in place of myth.

j

From the GLoomis Website:

"G.Loomis rods, custom rod blanks and Syncrotech fly reels are covered by a limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the original owner. "

I think that's pretty clear. The "Expediter Service" is very similar to most other manufacturer's replacement warranties, they just vary in price. When it comes to warranties, I think it is important to really understand the conditions that are in writing, not what anyone "says" or what anyone else assumes.

I spent 3 months comparing manufacturer's warranties in order to develop a "lifetime warranty" for a rod manufacturer and let me tell you this: Read what the warranty actually says in black and white, NOT what you hope it says or what someone else tells you.

Not trying to pimp or bash any stuff. Just trying to put facts in place of myth.

j

I'm not sure why my tip would have snapped I assume from the replacement that it was a defect. I personally was aware of the limited warranty!!