Fly Fusion Forums

Spey Clinic/beulah And Snowbee At Southbow

ogilvie

It's that time of year again to try and get into a nice Bow River Brown...So this year we will be at South Bow Fly And Tackle on Friday Saturday and a bit of Sunday for some Spey Casting chat,demo and clinic thats April 16,17 and 18. There is going to be some serious talk about what Spey Casting really is all about and why. Techniques,Lines,Reels,Rods,Running Lines,Heads and so much more.

As a bonus we will be tying flies again but this year there will be something very special ...we will for the first time in Canada be tying the new to North America Tubeology Tube Fly...now this is something else that will open many doors for all you fishers.... There will be much about this in the years ahead ...Tube flies are here to stay...One of the unique features about these accessories and flies is that you can simply screw on different colour and density coneheads as you might need them..WOW

C

On the Saturday Morning we are going to have a 2 hour presentation at the Fly Shop followed by a quick Lunch Break and then off to the River for a full casting Demonstration where we will have some time for participation from anyone wanting to get a few tips and help. And then back to the Fly Shop for more time at the store and technical help.

On Sunday morning there will be some private casting time for those wanting to participate and learn...there will be a fee of $100 ...please pre book...send me a PM or n\book thru South Bow Fly and Tackle

A special note here..it is not always necessary to use big sticks to catch big fish...here is a Steelhead landed today on a Beulah Switch rod, lined with the Beulah Elixir fly line and Snowbee Reel and Polytips...The Elixir Line is a very sweet to handle smooth Scandi type line that fishes with various Polytips...note the Fly...it isn't necessarily large but heavy..tungsten Dumbell Eyes.

Courtney

On the Saturday Morning we are going to have a 2 hour presentation at the Fly Shop followed by a quick Lunch Break and then off to the River for a full casting Demonstration where we will have some time for participation from anyone wanting to get a few tips and help. And then back to the Fly Shop for more time at the store and technical help.

On Sunday morning there will be some private casting time for those wanting to participate and learn...there will be a fee of $100 ...please pre book...send me a PM or n\book thru South Bow Fly and Tackle

A special note here..it is not always necessary to use big sticks to catch big fish...here is a Steelhead landed today on a Beulah Switch rod, lined with the Beulah Elixir fly line and Snowbee Reel and Polytips...The Elixir Line is a very sweet to handle smooth Scandi type line that fishes with various Polytips...note the Fly...it isn't necessarily large but heavy..tungsten Dumbell Eyes.

Courtney

hey mr c are you going to some bring tonic spey lines and cnd skagit lines

hey mr c are you going to some bring tonic spey lines and cnd skagit lines

I am going to have the entire selection of Elixir ,Tonic ,CND and Snowbee Spey line with me...will also have some new lines not yet on the market to play with...and as a bonus we will also have some great Skagit type lines for SIngle handers on hand...looking forward to this years edition of our annual demo..

C

What are the hours for this one? What time Saturday morning?

Friday Morning we will be at South Bow Fly and Tackle doing some classes on SPey Casts and overviews on rods,lines,reels, and history,a few slide presentations and fish tales ;of course,Friday afternoon we will have private casting instruction and during the evening we will have Tube Fly Tying and talking about various materials

Saturday Morning casting demo will be from 10-1,and then back to the store for some Tube fly tying and discussions on "the fly cast" and other technical stuff!

Friday night also will be tying some great Intruders on tubes and stinger set-ups.

Sunday will be a few Private casting clinics and if lucky fish a bit...and another demo if therre is interest

If I am able to I will have some of the Brand New Beulah not yet released Single and Spey rods along..

C

For those of you interested in Single Hand Spey Casts using Skagit type lines we will have 3 set-ups from 6wt to 8wt for all to play with...I really love these set-ups and can see these as a wonderful additon to any fly fishers arsenal...

whats interesting is that the rods are not particularly fast or expensive and these set-ups can be adapted to almost any half decent rod...love 'em

C

• 2 weeks later...

Trout Speys and floating lines...loaded my reels today and am a bit anxious to play with some of these new lines....I don't think we utilize these Small Two handers nearly enough as dry fly tools..so,for those wanting to see accurate and explosive casting techniques join in and get your feet wet...

C