Fly Fusion Forums

Labrador Retriever Breeders

Just wondering if anyone has any good reccomendations for breeders. Specfically looking for a black lab, with good hunting lines. I'm in Calgary but willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the province.

Thanks!

There is a breeder that breeds labs specific for hunting down near Pincher Creek. Don't know details but can try to find out more info for you if you'd like...

P

Just wondering if anyone has any good reccomendations for breeders. Specfically looking for a black lab, with good hunting lines. I'm in Calgary but willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the province.

Thanks!

http://www.windannalabs.com/

Charlie and Judy breed beautiful labs, but i think there is a waiting list. If they don't have any coming up they might be able to point you in the right direction as they know all / most of the breeders around the province and even the country.

http://boulder-ridge-kennel.piczo.com/?g=8663543&cr=6

Boulder Ridge is where we got Jaz. She would have been an amazing hunting dog had we been birders. We've had a ton of people tell us her talents were wasted on us, just being ff types. Also, look up Dave Brown Outfitters and send him an email to see where he's had good reports from. I know he uses Britneys, but he's had labs from what I understand, and might give a good heads up.

Cheers

The best bird dog i have seen came from the bargain finder.2 year old female lab,the owners were separating and they had to get rid of the dog.She points retrieves and will not give up on a bird.No formal training just a few days in the Field.Best of all the dog was free.

After seeing a few bird dogs come and go in my life the females were the best.

Happy dog hunting.

There is a breeder that breeds labs specific for hunting down near Pincher Creek. Don't know details but can try to find out more info for you if you'd like...

P

That'd be great, thanks for the replies everyone...if anyone can add anymore breeders to the list that'd be great!

We got our Chocolate up in Westlock, Alberta. It's about an hour NW of Edmonton. I believe they have 3 different Female labs, and 1 stud. Our Lab is about 2 1/2 years old and she is Very Very smart. I have never used her hunting, but I'm going to try and get her ready for this fall's upcoming bird season. She has the strongest retrieve instinct I have ever seen, and will stop at nothing to bring back whatever you threw right to your feet. But of course I'm biased! If you want more info, I can try and dig up some contact info. I think we paid $500 for her with a health Guarantee and papers.

Do you have 2 profiles? fish4trout & Kyle?!

Anyway, here's the info I spoke about:

Goldwing Kennels near Magrath

That'd be great, thanks for the replies everyone...if anyone can add anymore breeders to the list that'd be great!

I have a friend of mine who raises championship black lab retrievers. He just sold his "Wing & Trout Outfitters" in Vanderhoof, BC. He is a former director of Ducks Unlimited and his dogs are second to none. He does have a litter happening in the spring sometime. If still looking and want a real calm, quiet retriever with outstanding working dog bloodlines, PM me for his contact info. No, I don't know if all the litter is spoken for.

j