Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Spey Rods

CrisD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably can't get out again until the end of March but does anyone have a 3, 4 or 5wt spey I could try out? Anyone have an Echo Switch? I know Headscan had the 4119 spey but sold it...

Hey man I have a Beulah 4/5 switch that you are welcome to try.

Probably can't get out again until the end of March but does anyone have a 3, 4 or 5wt spey I could try out? Anyone have an Echo Switch? I know Headscan had the 4119 spey but sold it...

If you can get out on a Sat or Sun, your welcome to try that 4119, warning thou, I think he sold cus it only catches Whitefish.

i like speys in teh 11'6" - 12'6" range for te bow in a 6 or 7wt.. lights speys are nice too if your looking for more fight with the smaller mid teen n down fish bu ti find they tons toss tips and larger flies aswell as nymph rigs at distance if u have a headwind but its all in teh application as u can see alot of members use different sticks for different reasons.. i like my switch n single hadner for short range but when i want too fish at a distance it is all abotu the 6 n 7wt speys for me!

i have a brand new Meiser highlander classic in a 456 , a custom built job it's '' Doc's favorite Meiser rod '' that i'll let you test drive , i should be home next week if all goes good , email me and i'll hook up with you and we might as well just go fishing for the day , also have the ''S'' rod in 13ft , 7 wt , a really nice underhand stick if you want to try it also

i like speys in teh 11'6" - 12'6" range for te bow in a 6 or 7wt.. lights speys are nice too if your looking for more fight with the smaller mid teen n down fish bu ti find they tons toss tips and larger flies aswell as nymph rigs at distance if u have a headwind but its all in teh application as u can see alot of members use different sticks for different reasons.. i like my switch n single hadner for short range but when i want too fish at a distance it is all abotu the 6 n 7wt speys for me!

You seem like you must type with one hand...lol.

Get a shipping estimate before you commit. I posted my 4119 on Speypages as well and had guys in Lithuania and Ontario interested. Because of the length of the tube, Canada Post wouldn't ship it overseas at all and quoted $30 to Ontario.

I messaged the guy about it, he posted in CAD so hopefully he is shipping form Canada. We'll see how the rod is after I play with it though...

Uh oh there is a 4119 on speypages for sale! 126Barnes can I borrow your 4119 to try out this weekend? :) :) Sat or Sunday would be cool :)

Yeah no problem. Its lined with a 40+ right now, might be worth while borrowing the scandi kit from fishtales.

Was using a 40+ line all weekend without any coiling issues even at 9am when it was still below 0. As far as I know there's no cost to borrow the scandi kit from Fish Tales. Might just want to call them ahead of time to make sure someone else hasn't already borrowed it. A 6 or 7 wt 40+ works fine on that rod depending on how deep you like it to load. The one Barnes has should be a 7wt, but I have a 6wt if you want to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose any of you fine fellows that offered me a 'test drive' (dutchie, Silverdoctor, bhurt) would be available tomorrow afternoon?

Supposed to be 10 degrees tomorrow afternoon and I figure I'd better take advantage before I start working again.. I'll be going either way, but some company would be great! :)

I am looking for a buddy now who has never spey cast before and is looking to get into it. I saw Pieroway has a spring deal on right now for a 12'6" 6wt plus reel line and backing for $425. Seems like a pretty sweet deal. Has anyone cast these Pieroway Rods at all? I talked to the guys at the expo but didn't cast any of the rods. Any opinions?

Give me a shout, I pm'd you my phone.

I don't suppose any of you fine fellows that offered me a 'test drive' (dutchie, Silverdoctor, bhurt) would be available tomorrow afternoon?

Supposed to be 10 degrees tomorrow afternoon and I figure I'd better take advantage before I start working again.. I'll be going either way, but some company would be great! :)

I'm not doing anything tomorrow, I've got a Snowbee 12'6 6wt, a Beulah 12'7" 7wt and a custom Amundson 1134 (that I'm still trying to dial in a line for) shoot me a PM if you ant to get out.

Colin