Fly Fusion Forums

Humblefisherman

Sucks dude. I had a bad rash a few years back and had my truck hit 3 times in a 30 day stretch and know how it feels to be at the end of your rope. The police are useless with these smash and grab idiots, they never stick around long enough to get caught. Auto glass is expensive and a pain in the ass to fix, having your auto stolen from outside your home is a shitty feeling. I can't hold it against Jay for what he did, it's a risky thing to do and thankfully he wasn't stabbed or something.

Will any luck these turds will get caught.

Thanks everyone,

Been a pretty crazy few day's to say the least, i really appreciate everyone's support. I'll be out fishin in no time, my teeth have begun to tighten up bruises are fading and i get my stitches will be out tomorrow or the next day. They will get what they deserve, the picture is very clear, i've been getting lots of picture practice on fish over the years.

The Pic, face on from three feet. Soon as i clicked it he wanted the camera like i had captured his soul or something.

He came at me three seperate times trying to get the cam and i threw him to the ground hard each time and told him to go home. I had put the camera in my case around my neck and zipped up my jacket once *hit got serious. When his friends came running from a block or two away, i took off and didn't think they had a hope in hell of catching me. I'm rounding the corner and i look beside me and there this tall skinny guy looks like he's straight out of Avatar grabbing for the hood on my jacket. He takes me down, we tangle a bit and i get on top of him and WHAM someone kicks me in the side of the head.

I go down on my side and then the beating starts, and they just hammered the side of my head and ear who knows how many times. Then i passed out, i think, cause i have this weird out of body thing that happened, anyway i hear buddy say something bout "get the camera" he got my picture. I roll over and turtle as i have the cam in the case on my chest under my jacket. I take a few more kicks and shots to the face and head, then i think one of the dudes held them back, or a bystander came, not really sure as my eyes were working that great. I heard someone say "he's had enough", and the beating stops for just a second and i get up and take off. I slink around the corner and leaned up against a fence to get my bearings. I could hear the dudes yelling so i waited for the voices to get more distant then i staggered home and called the cops.

Seems like everyone on my street has been feeling the pressure from guy's like this, these random thefts and damage have cost me myself over $2000.00 in the last few months alone. My gas tank was drained last week and the guy even left a taunting thank-you note under my gas cap. My truck was also stolen a month or two ago, in which my daily fishing bag rod reel flies was taken as was my gps. When I saw this guy alone and seperated from his friends, he didn't seem like much of a threat, I also knew if i got the pic of him it would lead to a repair of the damage they had caused. But if i knew his buds were that close i wouldn't have been so bold thats for sure.

Live and learn, i was taught a major lesson, thats how it works.

On the bright side tho, the one EMT girl was super hot and i told her she had a nice nose... so that was good. And when the Ctv crew came over, they stayed and watched a full Humblefisherman vid (even though i think they were in a hurry) and expressed a good deal of interest. Sounds like we might be a part of some sideline show in the spring (details pending). And When the Sun photographer came over he also took a bunch of pictures of my (world largest dinosaur egg) not sure how many of you know about that, but something might happen with that as well. I'll keep everyone informed if the cops give me any news.

Thanks again for all your support everyone,

Jay

I remember a few fights when I was in high school (+30years ago). Guys went one-on-one. If your buddy got has ass kicked that was his issue. There was never any of the ground and pound or kicks to the head. The fights stopped when there was a winner. What's with this pervasive cowardly attitude that results in gang beating? Is it because this crap gets filmed and put on youtube? Even girls do it to each other these days and the video makes the evening news.

Just read about this and I also feel for Jay, I remeber when I was younger standing outside the Backalley watching a fight in the park lot and beeing stabbed in the back three times.

Hopy you get better jay.

On a side note, the biggest problem with our justice system is that if Jay would of fought back then he can be charged with assualt too, its crazy how our properity can be destroyed and we can't do anything about but call the cops and have them show up once the crimals are long gone.

In May 2007 I was jumped walking Bow pathway in NW near Edworthy park, 2 guys jumped me and stole my wallet, and ran. I chased them, yelling, as there were onlookers just across the street. Anyway, they panicked and ditched my wallet, 3 witnesses saw them, I picked them out of a photo lineup. The trial finally went ahead just LAST MONTH, and one assh*le didn't even show. They flew 2 witnesses all the way from Ontario, who haven't testified yet, so you see how the damn justice system drags on forever.

If they catch those guys it could be years before they actually go to court. Vigilante justice would be way quicker. Good luck to you Jay, don't let those bastards ruin your frame of mind.

"now wait a minute!!! There are some that would say don't hate the people that did this, hate the environment, their parents etc..."

Excellent point. These same Liberals are strangely never around to admit responsibility when their whacked theories cause more damage to society than anything else. But that doesn't stop them from complaining non-stop that everyone is somehow being abused/persecuted in some way!

I don't agree with vigilante justice, but our Justice system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. The case quoted above re the stolen wallet is a good example. Taxpayers will spend thousands , if not hundreds of thousands, of dollars to possibly produce a conviction that will probably at best result in a slap on the wrist. We need quick justice with real consequences. At the very least we need to make sure habitual re-offenders (which most of these people are or will become) are kept off the streets. I know there are flaws in the US Justice system, but at least if you do something in the US, you are going to do some serious time..... they don't screw around.

Most of all, best wishes to Jay for a speedy recovery. I've enjoyed countless hours of watching his excellent videos..... better than most fishing shows IMHO.

Adams

I know there are flaws in the US Justice system, but at least if you do something in the US, you are going to do some serious time..... they don't screw around.

Adams

This is a compelling argument that always comes up, but I don't think the US system is any better than ours. There is a case that is just now coming into the Canadian court system where a fellow was murdered in 1992. The reason, he also murdered someone in N Dakota, where he got 20 years and and now was basically eligible for parole, but instead he's facing our justice now. It will be interesting to see his sentence, for a good comparison of the two courts.