Fly Fusion Forums

Loop Aeg Series Fly Rods On The Bay

Just happened to notice a lot of Loop AEG Series Fly Rods on the bay. Just posting in case anyone is interested, not an endorsement or connected with Loop in any way. I'm sure Max will wade in on an overview on these rods. Spacifically Loop AEG Series 590-3 9' 5wt 3pc. Perhaps a new series of rods are coming out.

I actually picked one of these (590) up in the fall from the seller that has most of them up there (IdahoJoe208). He was great to deal with, and the rod looks beautiful. Haven't cast it yet though...

Though had I known the whistler shop deal was coming up I might have done that instead.

A lot of things collapsed last year. The blanks are the original Grey series, they are quite nice. (edited, slip of the key)

I actually picked one of these (590) up in the fall from the seller that has most of them up there (IdahoJoe208). He was great to deal with, and the rod looks beautiful. Haven't cast it yet though...

Though had I known the whistler shop deal was coming up I might have done that instead.

Edited by SilverDoctor

like mark metioned ther are dropping the aeg line of loop single handed rods.. they were a updated version of the greyline series rod same as the mutli sticks.. its was a pretty cool idea and a way too get a incredible stick for less than the multi price! for what the troutbum rods are at now they are a steal and are arguabl one of the best rods for that price easy!!!!1 i won a few and use the 5wt often for light nymphs and hopper dropper rigs!!!!!!

like mark metioned ther are dropping the aeg line of loop single handed rods.. they were a updated version of the greyline series rod same as the mutli sticks.. its was a pretty cool idea and a way too get a incredible stick for less than the multi price! for what the troutbum rods are at now they are a steal and are arguabl one of the best rods for that price easy!!!!1 i won a few and use the 5wt often for light nymphs and hopper dropper rigs!!!!!!

Got a couple more of these beauts on the way to the SouthBow shop.

AEG 5 wt's

Evotecs are 25% off.

Thanks

I've only false casted mine and so far I really like this product also myself, one of the best single handers that I HAVE EVER CASTED.

I will admit that the hex grip was diffrent and not use to it, but it fits in my hand nicely and can't wait to get it out and start fishin with it.

When I first bought mine I was very apprehensive of the grip. I stared at it in the store (I bought mine at Southbow) and thought this thing isn't going to work for me at all. But I though I could redo the grip with new cork... until I fished it. I really love the composite cork and rubber, proved it's worth on a cold rainy day with good comfort. Definably a sleeper rod. Mind you I wold really like to get a 3 wt opti creek next.

When I first bought mine I was very apprehensive of the grip. I stared at it in the store (I bought mine at Southbow) and thought this thing isn't going to work for me at all. But I though I could redo the grip with new cork... until I fished it. I really love the composite cork and rubber, proved it's worth on a cold rainy day with good comfort. Definably a sleeper rod. Mind you I wold really like to get a 3 wt opti creek next.

yes the cork takes a little getting used to but tends to get better with use.

I still have lots of AEG 590 rods in stock $250 + tax for rod alone and $500 + tax when paired up with an evotec and

$600 + tax when paired up with an evotec and loop opti stream line

also have a sweet deal on a Loop opti creek #3 set up

awesome rods for the price

When Frankie was last in town (not including the expo, if he was there since I wasn't) I was able to play with his switch rods which had the same grip to it, so when I picked up my AEG rod I klnew what I was getting, what I liked about it was how the handle turned with alot of use, the corck wasn't as "grainy feeling" and was very impressed at how the rod fit in my hand (It was raining hard that day so it was a great test)

Anyways the Whistler deals are outstanding and if I had some extra cash I know I would be contacting Whistler for a evotec reel for my 5wt as I have heard alot of good things about this reel.

I will admit that the hex grip was diffrent and not use to it, but it fits in my hand nicely and can't wait to get it out and start fishin with it.

Hex grip or composite? I'm pretty sure the AEG rods have the composite cork but they aren't hex grips like on the Opti Switch and Salt.