Fly Fusion Forums

How Naive Was I...

Guest Sundancefisher

He will become more famous, get higer ratings for TV when he is back in the tournaments, and get bigger endorsements, once the dust settles.

In the grand schem of what celebrity athletes have done and then been accepted back this is small potatoes.

America loves to feed off of public failure, and then rally for a strong comeback...

This is the reason I would never ever call a sports celebrity, of sports figure a "hero"

never ever, they are just people who happen to have a talent, that is it.

Not my definition of hero, or somebody to worship or to be envious of ..

just saying that is all..

Might be a bit heavy but just the way I see it...

This guys are heroes to me..

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/memorial/20...2/10223286.html

Got to agree with this. Our society has a strange obsession with celebrities (not just in sports).... worshipping them as heroes. A lot of them are spoiled, uneducated, and if it weren't for their particular talent, would be asking if we wanted fries with that. There are definitely exceptions to that of course, and I thought (and still hope) that Tiger was one of them.

Instead of following every move these celebrities make with bated breath, we should focus our accolades and attention on the real heroes in our society..... our troops overseas, researchers searching for cures to our diseases, volunteers quietly working behind the scenes without clambouring for recognition, even the common man who works tirelessly at a job he hates in order to support his family.

Of course, that doesn't make for good press/media coverage, so we're stuck with Paris Hilton, Michael Jackson, and the latest gangsta rapper (whose contribution to the world is that he can rhyme over top of some beatbox).

I think some celebrities get so out of touch with reality, that they lose their orientation.

Hope that doesn't sound too mushy/Liberal, because I'm definitely a right-winger.

Adams

Tiger Woods is so rich he owns many expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

Tiger Woods wasn't seriously injured in the crash, but he's still below par.

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30am? They went clubbing.

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron.

Ping just offered Elin Woods an endorsement contract for her own set of drivers. Their sales pitch will be:

Elin Woods..."clubs you can beat Tiger with."

Tiger just changed his nickname but still kept it in the cat family--his new name: Cheetah

Since Tiger drives an Escalade, can he blame the accident on his caddy?

and

Outrun Elin game

I think Sun is feeling cold; you'd better jump back in bed with him.

But...would that be cheating?

It would indeed be cheating.

After all, your bed just isn't capable anymore SL; must be the rampant 'global' cooling.

:D

Smitty

The dude can smack a golf ball... that is where i stand on the situation. I just couldnt imagine being so popular a bunch of goofy fly fisherman talk about me on a forum. Epic.

That's no great accomplishment - the same goofy group rags on me and I can't even hit a golf ball.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

Also some SNL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8lJlWsURA

This is the reason I would never ever call a sports celebrity, of sports figure a "hero"

never ever, they are just people who happen to have a talent, that is it.

Not my definition of hero, or somebody to worship or to be envious of ..

just saying that is all..

Might be a bit heavy but just the way I see it...

This guys are heroes to me..

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/memorial/20...2/10223286.html

Couldnt agree more, there payed millions to do what?... play a GAME

Thats why I have little to no interest in professional sports.

Couldnt agree more, there payed millions to do what?... play a GAME

Thats why I have little to no interest in professional sports.

Nope. They are payed millions for us to watch them play sports. I have never had a drop of a problem with that. Actors get paid for putting asses in the seats. Same as athletes. Not heroes, entertainers. They get paid what the market will bear. Just like me and most of the rest of us. Their market can just bear more.

:$*%&:

Nope. They are payed millions for us to watch them play sports. I have never had a drop of a problem with that. Actors get paid for putting asses in the seats. Same as athletes. Not heroes, entertainers. They get paid what the market will bear. Just like me and most of the rest of us. Their market can just bear more.

Well whatever logic you need to justify the discusting amount that they get payed to"work" is up to you, but there still incredibly over payed to do what they do, and I wont support that. Besides, doesnt a large amount of what they make come from advertising? so basically there not even being payed for us to watch them but for advertising to be shoved in our faces.

The latest gossip:

"A source very close to Uchitel said they had sex nine times that night and in the middle of that, Tiger -- who's a complete machine when it comes to working out -- got up, went to the gym at 5 in the morning, came back an hour later, woke Rachel up, they had more sex and then he went back to the home he shared with Elin,"

He had to of been wearing Nike shoes.

Capture3.jpg

Well whatever logic you need to justify the discusting amount that they get payed to"work" is up to you, but there still incredibly over payed to do what they do, and I wont support that. Besides, doesnt a large amount of what they make come from advertising? so basically there not even being payed for us to watch them but for advertising to be shoved in our faces.

Wes,

Thanks for the censor. My logic is just fine, thanks. I'm sure you are happy with yours as well.

Of course much of what they make comes from advertising, in multiple ways. The best at what they do get money directly from advertisers to wear their gear or pitch their wares. All the major sports are on TV, and the reason TV pays the leagues money is the amount of advertising revenue they can get while we watch them "play." If everyone was like you, then there would be no money in it and pro sports would cease to exist. But unfortunately, many of us watch. I'm watching the flames right now. Nice game, nice diversion to end a long day. All those guys are making lots of money. Good for them.

I get a kick out of people who say that athletes are not worth what they make? Tiger Woods, or any other athlete making 10's of millions off endorsements are certainly earning their money, just think of them as a salesman on commission. They are simply getting a % of what they sell.

And as far as the money he makes in tournaments, rellly no different. sponsors put up the prize money and he earns it by winning the tournament. There must be a reason that the sponsors are putting up the prize money, it sells product.

I bet if you were capable of pulling off something like this you would not be griping about it.