Din

Thingamabobber

I stumbled across these a while ago on the internet, but I can't seem to find them again...

Anyone know where I can find them?

Seem like a good idea...no need to use floatants at all.

Thanks

I stumbled across these a while ago on the internet, but I can't seem to find them again...

Anyone know where I can find them?

Seem like a good idea...no need to use floatants at all.

Thanks

I saw them in the new fly fusion mag, but I haven’t seen them in person. I am interested to see how big they are. ie would they re-place a parachute post on a size 14 or 16 p.adams. or are they more for hoppers.

You could call the shops to see if they carry them. I know troutfitters and fish tales carry the regular sized ones

Din,your saying thingamabobber makes little posts?Like little air filled tubes or something?

Ahhh right. That's where I saw them...thanks.

That's what I am wondering as well. But even if they only fit on hoppers I still think they would be awesome, granted they land half softly...

I saw them in the new fly fusion mag, but I haven’t seen them in person. I am interested to see how big they are. ie would they re-place a parachute post on a size 14 or 16 p.adams. or are they more for hoppers.

You could call the shops to see if they carry them. I know troutfitters and fish tales carry the regular sized ones

From the picture I saw, they are still are round but are meant to be tied in like a post. Hard to tell the exact shape, as it was on a fully dressed fly.

Din,your saying thingamabobber makes little posts?Like little air filled tubes or something?

Ahhh right. That's where I saw them...thanks.

That's what I am wondering as well. But even if they only fit on hoppers I still think they would be awesome, granted they land half softly...

On the cutthroat streams its all about the big splat of a hopper... then twitch... twich.... twitch... to make it move.

Haha - for cutties sure, but not spooky browns in skinny water!

On the cutthroat streams its all about the big splat of a hopper... then twitch... twich.... twitch... to make it move.

Haha - for cutties sure, but not spooky browns in skinny water!

ahhhh....I didnt get a chance to fish the skinny water this year. I would love to get out and try it some time. I can see the thingamabobber being great for fast runs in cuttie water. It would save me from swearing when a cutt attacks my normal thingamabobber. Better yet I should just attach a hook to the normal thingamabobber and call it a day.

it's like a micro thingamabobber. It almost looks like it would hang over the silhouette of the fly to much though.

I just cut strips off of white 3mm packing foam

Wayne at Hansons (next to the photo shop) tied up a few for me early in the season and I used them from time to time as a hopper dropper set up and landed a few nice Cutts on it.

Country Pleasures said they had them on order but would not get them until early January.

fishtales carries the midro thingamabobbers.. could easily be used like the picutre above.. there about as big as a skittle.. dope idear!

Uni-bobbers are half the size of the small thingamabobbers..1/4" vs 1/2"

Guest phartknocker
Uni-bobbers are half the size of the small thingamabobbers..1/4" vs 1/2"
Superfly expects to have them available to Canadian Dealers in January. Ditto for Marc PetitJean's new TT Bobbin which was also featured in Fly Fusion. Both are excellent products.

Cheers

Unibomber.jpg

LMAO, thanks BBT I needed a good laugh this morning.

Got my hands on these a while ago...not the easiest to tie with but figure that this fly should hold up...

P2201613.jpg

P2201611.jpg

P2201614.jpg