Fly Fusion Forums

Thingamabobber

Din

I stumbled across these a while ago on the internet, but I can't seem to find them again...

Anyone know where I can find them?

Seem like a good idea...no need to use floatants at all.

Thanks

I saw them in the new fly fusion mag, but I haven’t seen them in person. I am interested to see how big they are. ie would they re-place a parachute post on a size 14 or 16 p.adams. or are they more for hoppers.

You could call the shops to see if they carry them. I know troutfitters and fish tales carry the regular sized ones

Ahhh right. That's where I saw them...thanks.

That's what I am wondering as well. But even if they only fit on hoppers I still think they would be awesome, granted they land half softly...

I saw them in the new fly fusion mag, but I haven’t seen them in person. I am interested to see how big they are. ie would they re-place a parachute post on a size 14 or 16 p.adams. or are they more for hoppers.

You could call the shops to see if they carry them. I know troutfitters and fish tales carry the regular sized ones

From the picture I saw, they are still are round but are meant to be tied in like a post. Hard to tell the exact shape, as it was on a fully dressed fly.

Din,your saying thingamabobber makes little posts?Like little air filled tubes or something?

Haha - for cutties sure, but not spooky browns in skinny water!

ahhhh....I didnt get a chance to fish the skinny water this year. I would love to get out and try it some time. I can see the thingamabobber being great for fast runs in cuttie water. It would save me from swearing when a cutt attacks my normal thingamabobber. Better yet I should just attach a hook to the normal thingamabobber and call it a day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phartknocker
Uni-bobbers are half the size of the small thingamabobbers..1/4" vs 1/2"
Superfly expects to have them available to Canadian Dealers in January. Ditto for Marc PetitJean's new TT Bobbin which was also featured in Fly Fusion. Both are excellent products.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...