Fishing In National Parks

PGK

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I found the guy that has been blowing things up in Northern AB!! :P

P

P.S. J/K! I know... I shouldn't joke about things like that!

Hay, what is your address, I want to send you a Christmas parcel, I mean ticking card, I mean singing card.. hahahahhaa

J/K

Too much family in the O&G business,

Funny thing, the two places I have lived here in Alberta, my father, has lived in in the sixties, after he left me and my Mom.. So My family has been in Alberta and have been in Cowboy/Rodeo/O&G world for 40+ years..

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

oh dont start that again...i cant afford a jet boat so im going to cry about how much damage they create lol.

after this thread i am going to fish allmost exclusively in the parks this comming season but im going to start it out with some ice fishing.

and its MARRY CHRISTMAS!! my country my holidays lol

Exactly what in your eyes is going to constitute a ''compelling reason''????? When we're down to the last pair of native athabasca rainbows? When bull trout populations start crashing because the adult female's redds are being parasitized by brook trout and there's massive recruitment failure? What is it going to take?

dream on pgk that is BS and not an argument

I don't consider myself to be an especially selfish angler, but I admit, I do so enjoy my Maligne Lake forays...

Smitty

and he actually does not know what he is talking about so why try to please his ego by gving an answer like that?

You just don't get it. Closing the parks to fishing is not necessary and the suggestion to so is not based on any scientific data but only on ones own personal motives.

First of all while Parks has lost a huge source revenue over the past 2 decades with it's it approach to fisheries management in the parks ,Parks Canada is in no position to kill off the current source of revenue from angling in the parks so it would certianly be a bad choice economically.

2. There has been no harvest on Bulls and Cuts in the parks for many years now and populations are probabley at there carrying capacity. The cold mountain waters are not that productive. Stopping fishing will not increase populations because there is no harvest legally.. No fishing allowed does not stop poaching but may in fact increase it.

3. When you say Parks is mandated to maintain and protect ecological integrity while allowing use. Is the use of the fishery resource justified, or sustainable, in light that it is the only extractive activity allowed in parks, and that it has directly contributed to the destruction of aquatic integrity

... No one says it has to be extractive.. Catch and release is just fine..

and this crap about destruction of aquatic intergrity... Have you checked out Lake Louise ?

Any idea what happens with the Bow River , what impact do you think all these hotels and golf courses are having on water use and flows ect.

4.This parks mandate was dreamed up by left leaning liberals in the late 80's I.e. Sheila Copps.

It does not represent most Canadians and is quite radical in many areas. Yes there are some good points to it but as you can now see the pendulum is swing back towards the center.

Mcleod, well said. You just hit the nail but more data is available to support what we are saying rather than the wannabe park biologists/planning types.

Keep the thread consistent guy you are a help here.

And that's your own, slanted, biased, right wing nutjob opinion :)

There is so much wrong with your post I can't even comprehend it.

pgk you are the one who should take a deep breath, gain some fundamental concept of ecology before you try to pass your BS onto educated folks.

get with the train or do you really want to end up with a real job at the end of the day.

My son and I just recently hired five professional biologists and I used some of the material here from your stupid rhetoric to sort out those we did not want to hire. As a matter of fact when I was a bio for the Parks in BC I did the same damned thing. Do not think too green or you may realise in time that people know the truth of it.

Go figure on your own.

What research? By who? Studying impacts of what?

I've seen with my own two eyes that the majority of boats like the ones used on the northern rivers put up a wake that washes up over 2m on shore. If you're a grayling fry, how much chance do you have of making it back into the water when the initial wake pushes you 2m onto dry land and the follower goes up as far as 1.7m?

How about hull pressure? I've done with my own hands, hull presure measurements that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that running any boat larger than 14' in water less than two feet deep will CRUSH salmonid eggs buried in the gravel. Do you think bull trout eggs deposited in the Frog in september survive at any kind of reasonable rate after being run over in october by every redneck with an 18 footer with a 350 in it?

I won't even talk about erosion. What with the glacial, silt clay soil typical of the peace country, you'd be talking out your arse to say all those boats cruising the muskwa, tuchodi etc in the fall at low water aren't creating some ridiculous erosion problems.

What exactly is false, not true and bull? My whole post. Unlikely. You've just gone and got yourself worked into a debate you really don't have much grasp on, and you're offended because you think the hippies are out to get you and 'your' fish.

You had best not embarrass yourself buddy. i contracted the work, supervised it and it is in the parks library. Dumb sucks may not have access as they often have an ulterior motive

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

wow wow wow, nebc you cant disagree with this guy he know EVERYTHING about fishing in the parks and we all have to listen to him or else there will be no fish left.....what a pompous @$$ lol

and he actually does not know what he is talking about so why try to please his ego by gving an answer like that?

Wow, did you miss the boat on that. I don't care about pleasing Kris's or anyone else's ego on this board.

I do believe in looking in the mirror and being honest with yourself and your motives. So, I am simply admitting that my defence of fishing comes from a "selfish" perspective, because the Parks contain some waters that I dearly love, and closing the Parks to fishing would impact me.

I think that would qualify me as being human.

This seems personal nebc, I am not sure why you have it in so much for PGK, but to each his own. Anyways, I think if more people on this board were frank about their motives, the discussions might - dare to dream - become a little more productive.

Stated differently, if there is one thing about Kris; his ego is healthy enough without my help!

Smitty

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

ohhh, i knwo whats going on. I have see this before, what we have here is a university know it all. He just got out and he IS going to change the world.

Dont worry people, once he realizes that no one gives a crap about his opinions like the rest of us he will quiet down.

Try again, this time pull your head out of the bong, loser.

I get a kick out of all the pothead stage names.

I could just imagine all these "potheads" fishing together. They probably get out there, the bong gets filled then they sit on shore eating dorito's; just like a Cheech and Chong movie!

I wonder if their parents and employers know how they like to be identified with the herb?

Gay pokey thing here;---------------> <--poke--<

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

haha, we usually dont even make it to the water....I have not put any time into thsi thread because it seams as though it is not going any where. PKG makes a statement then some one adds their reply and PKG calls them stupid idiots for not agreeing and then it all starts over again.

At the end of the day what will this thread on a forum prove or accomplish? i bet its between "not a damn thing" and "jack *hit"

and boohoo, you made fun of me because i smoke pot WOOPTY DO! I bet you drink way more then me so i will now refer to you as a alchy (pointless i know)

P.S. can some one make a super gay pokey thing

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

yep, im sorry to break it to you little guy but while im at it santa, and the easter bunny too.

and there will be more and more jet boats every summer....sorry