Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Eastman.........when should I show up to help you swing those...........................June 1st is just too long of wait.

Ur tellin' me.........im headin to miramichi for opening week. june 1st ill be at big mac or the snag hopefull with a new metaldetector.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

id say they last long enough for the trout to kill the fly, so 5-10 if its a good tie. but if you just cast and dont catch then i dont know. lol

Question for those of you who put the biots in the front of the stoneflys,how durable are they?I would think when they swing and you pull them in they would bend and break.

Like 420 said, they generally last a few fish, but if I catch a couple fish on the same fly I'm pretty happy. If I lose one biot I usually pull out the other and keep fishing it anyway. I doubt it really makes that much of a difference to the fish.

I'm tying up a set for my son.

This one is called the buzz lightyear. Not finished mounting the wings yet. The next fly will be the woody. I may have to re-tie another buzz as I buggered up the ribbing. Oh well i'm rusty. Sorry for the iphone pic my camera is dead.

fly1.jpg