Fly Fusion Forums

Cabin on the Liv

Does anyone have any details about an a-frame cabin that sits next to the Liv? I was fishing in the valley the other day and stumbled across the cabin which is surrounded by a fence - sure looks like private property to me. I thought that entire valley was public land other than the Blue Bronna camp? 

I ran into a fellow on the river a few years ago that claimed to own a ranch along the river. I forget which section it was now, on the portion over the hill but before the campground at the falls. Myself and my partner were told it was private property and we were trespassing.

There is a chunk of private holding right in that area owned by the Rocking P,. If you look west of the road there is a ranch yard off in the trees. The pissed off guy  married into the Blades family who own the Rockin' P. Apparently he got a tad irritated at entitled random campers and OHV riders that summer.

In addition to winter operations, trap lines need to be maintained in the summer for winter use. Brush removal, trees cut, new lines cut. Not an easy job.

Looks to me like he is following the rules. Primary Structure must not exceed 576sq ft. Must not occupy more than 1 acre, shed should not be larger than 12’ x 12’. 

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/66f7d3b9-2af4-4970-9bb3-1a09462adfbf/resource/ec35975c-06f7-4568-aa0f-2157a8141a31/download/5005551-1994-trapper-cabins-a-policy-for-use.pdf

Looks like he puts pride into the property to make it look good.

Nice cabin. I would spend time there, as I’m sure most who love the area would. 

He probably paid a hefty price for those trapping rights. 

I find most trappers to be salt of the earth types, with a plethora of info about the area. Stop in and say hi next time, I’m sure he will chat your ear off. 

• Like 2