Fly Fusion Forums

Gotta wonder about FF types

Folks,

Fished Beaver Thursday > Saturday. The first two days lots of FF types there. Saturday,, there was 4 of us all day. Two didn't last more than a few hours. 

Appears like FFTypes think that it is busy on weekends when truth be told, it is busier when FFeds think no one will be there.

seen much the same thing on the Crow years ago when FFTypes wouldn't go when the river was open to bait. 

Not sure what this says about us.

Don

Everyone took days off to fish during the week because of the the dismal forecast for the weekend. That's what I did.

I'd assume that place would be a gongshow on the weekends and I've only ever fished there once.

On 2018-06-11 at 4:10 PM, TightLinesJ said:

Everyone took days off to fish during the week because of the the dismal forecast for the weekend. That's what I did.

I'd assume that place would be a gongshow on the weekends and I've only ever fished there once.

My next thought woulda been “well how did it fish mid week?” Reports good or bad, move quick.

anyways, what does it say about Us if we’re making blanket statements from a couple isolated casual observations? Ha

• Like 1

I fish there fairly often. Caught many of fish in the past. Most days are just ok now. If I manage to land 6 a day, then it's an OK day. I do feel like the pressure at beaver has increased over the last 7 years I've been fishing it. 

Don, I have also noticed even this year that people come for a couple hours, if they don't get a nibble, they just leave. Patience here is key. 

Still can't figure out how to catch one on a chironomid. I do have a couple favourites that always get me at least 1 big un. 

21 hours ago, Bron said:

Imagine, guys on this site getting their panties in a bunch over nothing!  Wonder what it says about us?

Born,

Maybe I've watch too much stupid over the past which got your comments tossed  into the pile as qualified.

and the rest I deleted.

Don

On 6/15/2018 at 3:36 PM, trailhead said:

I think that with the downturn in the economy in Alberta that people have more time on their hands. So they get their hands on a fly rod and off they go.

You hit it on the head. Not as many dollars to chase these days like there used to be, working the weekend and getting 12 hours of OT isn't an option to lots anymore.

• Like 1