Fly Fusion Forums

MS Auction 2018

Here are the auction items up for auction for my MS Fundraiser for 2018.  As I've said in the past, this is a very personal cause for me as my little sister is an MS sufferer and has been for about 10 years. For her there are certainly some physical symptoms, but the biggest for her is short term memory loss-pretty tough thing to deal with when you manage the sales force for a major home builder in SE Texas! Even still, she live her life to the fullest never knowing when this disease might stop her in her tracks. Anything I can do to help fund research to help eradicate this disease I'm all in on. Anyway, there is a link to my donation site in my signature if you'd like to donate. Or bid below. All proceeds will go to the MS Society here in Canada.

Item 1: Custom rod building kit including CTS blank, Struble reel seat, cork rings, guides (stripping guide plus single foot or Ti coated snakes), and thread.  The winning bidder will be able to choose one of the following blanks: Affinity MX 8' 3wt, Affinity MX 9' 6wt, Affinity X 9'6" 6wt, or Affinity Switch 10'6" 6wt; and will also be given their choice of parts.  I have built several rods on CTS blanks and have always been happy with them.  The Affinity X is a fast to extra fast blank with a ton of power and yet a delicate tip, the Affinity MX is moderate fast to fast and very nice to cast, while the Affinity Switch is medium fast and very light in hand. Donated by FishPro. I will send this to my kids as father's day is coming!

Item 2: A Guided Bow River Float trip donated by Hanson's Outfitters. This is a full day float and lunch will be provided. Trip date on a mutually acceptable date, and you will meet at the "river house" which is right on the Bow on the end of the road past Policeman's flats. This is good for one or two anglers.  

Hanson's has donated this trip to me pretty much every year I've done this and every person who has gone has wrote to me telling me what a great time they had. 

Item 3: Removed

Item 4: Build your own trip, donated by me

I'm torn this year on what to offer. My yearly trip is a bit up in the air as my favorite river on earth got burned up. It still might fish ok, but most all of the camping spots were burned up. So here is what I can offer: Any weekend in September (best to do weekend after long weekend) I have a truck and a trailer. I can go anywhere in Alberta, BC, Montana. I would even consider Parkland in Manitoba. My recommendation would be to leave Calgary 0 dark 30 on a Wednesday and fish thru Saturday, travelling home on Sunday.  I have a bunch of ideas, can work out with the winner. I would say this is for up to 2 anglers, the trailer gets crowded and someone would be in a top bunk! Once we finalize, generally a couple of other friends join up. Trust me, if you like to laugh you want these guys around! Gas is on me, I supply the food. If I do say so myself I put on a pretty good spread for a camping trip, assuming you like grilled things. 

Just for transparency, I am also going to list these items on my FB page and transfer any bids from there to this site. I will close this on Sunday, June 3 at 8 PM. Please be generous in your bidding, these are fantastic items. Everyone here knows what a float trip goes for, a custom rod, and what 2 days guided in Jasper is worth, and you get to donate to a worthy cause. Good luck!

If I wasn’t in school this September, I would love to go with Rick again on his build a trip. The sous-vide bbq brisket and his great stories, plus tossing a fly? Worth every penny! add that it’s going to a great cause and it’s a win win win!

• Thanks 1

On 2018-05-29 at 10:05 PM, FinnDawg said:

If I wasn’t in school this September, I would love to go with Rick again on his build a trip. The sous-vide bbq brisket and his great stories, plus tossing a fly? Worth every penny! add that it’s going to a great cause and it’s a win win win!

I was thinking I could do this in August instead of September, but I just can't find a date that can work.  Last year was great, everything but the fish!