Fly Fusion Forums

Alberta River Basins

Can't decide whether the new River Basins website is accurate or not. For example, the chart below would indicate the Clearwater is very high and unfishable for this time of year. However, several of the feeder streams are charting normal. I've also seen some of the charts get "reset" a few days ago with the existing numbers revised. I think they may be visiting the sites and recalibrating the devices. 

Does anyone have eyes on the Clearwater? Does the chart match what you are seeing?

Thanks

Adams

Clearwater River near Dovercourt | Yearly Graph

WaterlevelOrientatedGraph?stationNumber=05DB006&stationType=R&dataType=HG&prefix=yearfig&orientation=Landscape
  • Like 1

That appears to be fairly accurate ftom what I saw. This is generally the time of year they go around and calibrate/repair equipment (before high water) so your story adds up on that assumption. The clearwater has been fishable I suppose, but the visibility has been terrible (especially below Prairie, short stretch til the N Sask I know). I generally use the Saskatchewan as a pretty reliable weathervain around town. At the treatment plant if the river right is quite turbid and river left not so much, I know the clearwater is bad. If the whole damn river is bad then I know the Ram is bad too.

• Like 1