Fly Fusion Forums

Before this photo gets removed again...

I posted this picture a few days ago and it was removed. I contacted admin to find out why? I was told the was several complaints so they removed it. Before it gets removed again, I would like some feedback on what could possibly be going wrong in this photo? Before you comment please know that this fish never left the water, as you can see from the pic is almost fully submerged, it was never handled and was never hung or was hanging vertically (it never left the water) it was never gilled or anything. It was released within 20 seconds of reeling it in. Whoever complained, why? 

NFPUp6V.jpg

43 minutes ago, Jayhad said:

I complained.

Why, because rainbows suck and you should be embarrassed and shamed into only posting pictures of Germans and Scots 

I'll do better next time :blush:

8 minutes ago, Bron said:

Lol I’m just kidding. 

Some putz probably thought it wasn’t in the water. Probably the best pic of a fish posted here for a long time.

Apparently there was "several" complaints. You can clearly see that this fish is nearly fully submerged. Only the left side of its head is out of the water, the right side and gills are still making contact with the water and the entire body is fully submerged. Ive got the line in my hand as I was bringing the fish in ad the fly is still in its top lip (perfect hook set)  Ive posted many pics exactly like this one before. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jksnijders said:

The sarcasm is heavy on this site.......  just a heads up.

Sarcasm is good, helps to keep things lite! Unfortunately theres always a tightass or two that dont have any. 

7 hours ago, reevesr1 said:

Clear water is confusing?

So is knee jerk complaining ;)

I would suggest that if one doesnt know what they're looking at, maybe inquire some info, or ignore it or just plain go away. I would appreciate a heads up or a question or some sort of reason. We've been around here for a long time and know the ins and outs of this forum. I wouldn't post anything wrong or with intent to piss anyone off…anymore :ph34r:

Does this mean that I can have any post removed that I don't like, because of my opinion?

10 minutes ago, BigFoamy said:

Sarcasm is good, helps to keep things lite! Unfortunately theres always a tightass or two that dont have any. 

Been on here off and on for a good few years now, seen a lot worse believe me.... 

Helpful Hint For The Day:

If you don't like the content of a post, ignore it or go away completely. We're all adults here (to a point) , complaining to the Admins is the equivalent of a 5 year old telling their mom on someone. 

25 minutes ago, BigFoamy said:

Helpful Hint For The Day:

If you don't like the content of a post, ignore it or go away completely. We're all adults here (to a point) , complaining to the Admins is the equivalent of a 5 year old telling their mom on someone. 

The troll in me Has to disagree a bit.

some people post some real bs handling and shouldn’t Be proud of it nor promote

it on community forums.  Plugs

need to be called out.  Gently at first,

of course.

I guess some are too scared to just call out the person on the forums or forever be labelled a troll haha...so they whine privately to a moderator.  Although, not sure why the mods deleted it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bron said:

The troll in me Has to disagree a bit.

some people post some real bs handling and shouldn’t Be proud of it nor promote

it on community forums.  Plugs

need to be called out.  Gently at first,

of course.

I guess some are too scared to just call out the person on the forums or forever be labelled a troll haha...so they whine privately to a moderator.  Although, not sure why the mods deleted it. 

I agree.

Just bothers me that on a fishing website, someone took the time out of their day to complain about my photo and the mods thought they needed to delete because of the OPINION of a couple people. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that photo or how that catch and release was handled other than the fish was caught in the first place. Which Im assuming the person/persons that complained do themselves. 

The questions needs to be asked, will the admins delete all posts that they get complaints about? Or only the ones they get from say particular members? 

Beautiful rainbow BF, thanks for sharing. I never saw it posted initially. Looks like a happy hen to me, she's just saying, 'ok you have had your fun big fella , I am ready to go back home now'   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigFoamy said:

You can clearly see that this fish is nearly fully submerged. 

Actually, it is not obvious that it is submerged.

My thought process was: it was banned because it is laying on bare rocks.  No.  Wait.  I think the tail is under the water.  No.  Wait.  The whole fish is nearly under the water.  Where did BF find water so clear?

54 minutes ago, scel said:

Actually, it is not obvious that it is submerged.

My thought process was: it was banned because it is laying on bare rocks.  No.  Wait.  I think the tail is under the water.  No.  Wait.  The whole fish is nearly under the water.  Where did BF find water so clear?

Lake water :) Mckenzie Lake. Caught this fish and had one nibble. Not much was happening. May go back for awhile this evening. 

For anyone that cant see or are confused. Dont automatically assume the worst or go blindly ahead guessing. You know what they say about people who assume things, it makes an ..s out of you...

Bigfoamy - I didn’t complain, but like scel I didn’t realize the fish was in water until your repost. I almost always read the forum on my phone, where the pics are smaller. Could have been an honest mistake. Either from a millennial like me or an old dude with bad eyes. Nice fish.

1 hour ago, TroutPanther said:

Bigfoamy - I didn’t complain, but like scel I didn’t realize the fish was in water until your repost. I almost always read the forum on my phone, where the pics are smaller. Could have been an honest mistake. Either from a millennial like me or an old dude with bad eyes. Nice fish.

Its all good brother. I don't mind the opinions of others even if they're not the same as mine.

What bothers me is the attitude one needs to assume they're the website police and have nothing better to do than really/actually complain, its pathetic :masterbaiter: 

Ive been around here for awhile and do understand that this is a fairly delicate group, I wouldn't post anything that would offend anyone or warrant being removed... 

except for this emoji ::icefish:: I think it should be removed, I don't like its technique :ninja:

Photo looked good and respectful.

Not sure why anyone would get bent..

I haven't been here that long, but it seems like a good core of Sportsman, and a few anal dickheads..

I have always been catch and release, but also my view on fish, was that for those who like to harvest.. Okay by me as long as within the regulations.

Everybody should try to do a good job and return the fish to the water unharmed..

Keep in mind that we live in a society filled with **** ups and malcontents..

4 minutes ago, 1961flyman said:

Photo looked good and respectful.

Not sure why anyone would get bent..

I haven't been here that long, but it seems like a good core of Sportsman, and a few anal dickheads..

I have always been catch and release, but also my view on fish, was that for those who like to harvest.. Okay by me as long as within the regulations.

Everybody should try to do a good job and return the fish to the water unharmed..

Keep in mind that we live in a society filled with **** ups and malcontents..

Word brother!! The only time I would have a fish on the rocks is if I was gonna bonk it!!!