Fly Fusion Forums

Epoxy Heads

gottalovecutts

Hey Guys,

Use a Rubber Legged Pheasant tail alot in the spring for fishing. Have the pattern dialed in, but have been noticing that the Loon UV cured product that I used as an epoxy substitute is coming off rather easily. Just curious, what are all the hardcore tiers using for epoxy heads (preferably UV cured). Thanks!!!

18 hours ago, gottalovecutts said:

Hey Guys,

Use a Rubber Legged Pheasant tail alot in the spring for fishing. Have the pattern dialed in, but have been noticing that the Loon UV cured product that I used as an epoxy substitute is coming off rather easily. Just curious, what are all the hardcore tiers using for epoxy heads (preferably UV cured). Thanks!!!

I also use Loon UV. You can coat it with head cement or build it up with hard as nails, theres another loon product for making heads, forget what its called. Used to use epoxy but, is to messy and time consuming. 

19 hours ago, gottalovecutts said:

Hey Guys,

I would guess that it was incompletely cured.  Replace the batteries in your light source and cure for a 5 or so seconds longer.