Fly Fusion Forums

Policeman's Flats

Hello;

I have read that the Bow River Org has plans on a semi fix on the boat launch at Policeman's Flats.

Is that work going to occur this season?

I have avoided drifting into or out of that launch since the flood of 2013.

I had a couple of close calls and decided to just fish elsewhere..

I do miss that upper stretch and am curious.

Thanks for any info.

Bow River Trout Foundation will undertake a complete revitalization of Policeman's Flats this year with the removal of the large rocks that impede access to and from the access site the week of April 17, 2018 - weather permitting. This safety component of the project is directly supported by Bow River Trout Foundation fundraising, an Alberta Environment & Parks donation and support from the consulting engineers. The rock removal process will be under the supervision of a University of BC graduate researcher who is studying advanced ways of measuring turbidity during instream work.

Once the first phase of the project is complete the parking area will contoured and packed to facilitate more acceptable access. And finally garbage containers, benches and possibly toilets will be installed after spring runoff. This work is supported by an Alberta Conservation Association Grant, Fish Tales Fly Shop Film Festival and support from individual donations. 

Important Note:

Policeman's Flat's will be closed for up to 2 days for each of the phase of the project. A notice will be posted at Glenmore and Fish Creek boat ramps and on our website and social media sites preceding the work.

It is also important to recognize that Policeman's Flat's is privately owned by Sherbrooke Investment who have gratefully allowed public access to the river access site.. Please use respect when using this important recreational site. 

Go to the following link for a recent post on the construction work  and consider joining  Bow River Trout Foundation. For $25.00 you will have a voice in future plans for the Bow River and support our initiatives. 

https://bowrivertrout.org/2018/03/23/policemans-flats-april-revitalization/

• Like 4