Fly Fusion Forums

Orvis Fly Fishing Guide Podcast - Fly-Fishing in High Mountain Lakes, with Bob Terwilliger

Orvis

This week’s podcast interview is all about fly-fishing high mountain lakes. My guest is Bob Terwilliger of Colorado Outfitters, who specializes in horseback fishing trips into some of the most remote wilderness areas in the lower 48. Fishing high mountain lakes has its own special techniques and philosophies—although here it is as much about the scenery and the trip as it is the fishing. If you enjoy getting away from the crowds and true wilderness fishing, this is a podcast you won’t want to miss. In the Fly Box this week, as usual a mixed bag of questions and comments from a wide range of topics. · Why you should get a fly-tying kit · Recommended lines for small stream fishing · Can I use the Bank Shot line for fishing midges? · What is the best fly rod for bass, pike, and the occasional trip to the Florida Keys? · When using tiny nymphs, should I set the hook keeping my fingers off the line and just use drag pressure from the reel? · What do I do if my head cement gets too thick? · How can I keep my ferrules from slipping? · Which is correct, the upstream reach cast or the downstream reach cast? · Is it worthwhile to fish midges once winter is over? · Why don’t all big trout have a hooked jaw, and what do various color and spot patterns in brown trout indicate?

M13aayAee48

View the full article