Fly Fusion Forums

2018/19 regs

Why don’t they make the symbols mean the same thing. Lakes default is bait allowed, shows all the boxes checked. Then when you go to rivers bait ban is default and all the boxes checked.

is it that hard to just write bait ban in Each box? 

15 hours ago, Bron said:

Why don’t they make the symbols mean the same thing. Lakes default is bait allowed, shows all the boxes checked. Then when you go to rivers bait ban is default and all the boxes checked.

is it that hard to just write bait ban in Each box? 

I don't know why they haven't made an app for the regs yet. The tables aren't very well formatted for a mobile device and who even carries around a paper copy of the regs any more? 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, BurningChrome said:

I don't know why they haven't made an app for the regs yet. The tables aren't very well formatted for a mobile device and who even carries around a paper copy of the regs any more? 

I keep a copy in my glove box and one in my back pack. Although a fishing version of the ihunter app would be pretty awesome, I think I'd still keep a paper copy in the glove box. I like how paper copies never run out of batteries.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SilverDoctor said:

You can just add the pdf to your phone

It is really difficult to read the tables on your phone.  It is 2 print pages per PDF page.  At the very least, the PDF version should be split into single print pages.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, scel said:

It is really difficult to read the tables on your phone.  It is 2 print pages per PDF page.  At the very least, the PDF version should be split into single print pages.

If you go to http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/index.html they have the regs for each zone formatted as a single page properly oriented for easy viewing like http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/ES1-Rivers.pdf

Only downside is that you'll have to download separate pdfs for lakes and rivers in each zone, but at the same time you only have to download the regs for where you fish.

• Thanks 1