Fly Fusion Forums

Govt Native Trout Plan

"Over the past 20 years, efforts to restore fish populations by implementing catch-and-release fishing regulations and other management actions have mostly failed".  So steps to limit angling related mortality haven't improved or stabilized populations despite the fact that these practices clearly have worked elsewhere i.e. the North Ram.  Is that not a clear indication that something other than angling is clearly and profoundly having an impact on these systems?  Who are these clowns?  And I'm sorry, but if these systems can't sustain the angling pressure they currently receive, which is next to none when compared to a stream like the North Ram, then that's just another indication of poor resource management.

• Thanks 1

I've heard multiple people say they didn't fill out the survey and haven't paid much attention to this because they don't fish those streams. It's almost a guarantee that if they push this through due to angler complacency that closures will be coming to the SW streams next year again without addressing the larger issues of industry and OHV damage to habitat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1