Fly Fusion Forums

North Central Native Trout

wasp

1 hour ago, SilverDoctor said:

Looks like the Government. may be backing off on Bans but I hope they will now focus on habitat destruction.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-trout-fishing-recovery-plan-1.4546810

They gawdamned well better focus on habitat restoration. I actually was in favour of stream closures, not so much to protect species from C&R angling but to keep the sense of outrage in the forefront. Now I suspect the average headwaters angler will slide into complacency and can go back to worrying about keepin' up to the friggin'  Jones's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Now I suspect the average headwaters angler will slide into complacency and can go back to worrying about keepin' up to the friggin'  Jones's

Ding ding ding.. Funny how much people speak about caring for the resource, yet can't get a dozen people to volunteer for a restoration event, or the ones that do arent actually that into angling..

• Thanks 2

Taco,

i hope the sense of outrage will result in meaningful changes. I would suggest a "Summitt" of all users to figure out how the habitat  destruction can be turned around.

How this might be organized I haven't a clue. It would appear that the only organization who really understood the issues are the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. They or a Govt Group would be best

regards,

Don

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinnDawg said:

Who does a guy sign up with to help out and make sure these closures don’t happen in the future? Looks like there will be a lot of work ahead.

http://www.backcountryhunters.ca/

1 hour ago, Taco said:

They gawdamned well better focus on habitat restoration. I actually was in favour of stream closures, not so much to protect species from C&R angling but to keep the sense of outrage in the forefront. Now I suspect the average headwaters angler will slide into complacency and can go back to worrying about keepin' up to the friggin'  Jones's

Stay tuned, there's more coming around the habitat stuff. I'll push habitat restoration as much as I pushed for people to send letters against the closures. To be honest, I never even fish any of the rivers that were going to be closed. I got involved in this because I saw the absurdity of closing the rivers to angling without addressing habitat issues. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bcubed said:

Ding ding ding.. Funny how much people speak about caring for the resource, yet can't get a dozen people to volunteer for a restoration event, or the ones that do arent actually that into angling..

I never hear of anything. Send me a pm if you need a fellow troll to lend a hand

• Like 1