Fly Fusion Forums

embarrassing encounter with mechanic

On the weekend, my wife comes to me and says her car is making a knocking sound.  She's worried something is wrong with her brakes and wants me to take it for a spin.  I oblidge, and sure enough I hear the knock too... only happens when braking fairly hard, but doesn't sound like it is related to the brakes per se.  I tell her it sounds like something is loose underneath, but when I crawled under I couldn't see anything with my untrained eye.  I tell her to take it in to Toyota for them to have a look, and she does.  For the record, it took a second mechanic to diagnose it... their laughter was payment rendered.

toyota_invc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

LOL, not car related but if it makes you feel any better one time my wife discovered this strange bump on our dogs stomach that was in an odd spot.  It looked sort of like an oddly shaped mole and because we were worried it might be some sort of skin condition we puzzled over it and googled for quite a while.  The wife brought it to the vet's attention during the dog's next visit and the vet examined it, and was also kind of puzzled, before it finally dawned on her that it was just a nipple that happened to be kind of piebald.