Fly Fusion Forums

my leaky crotch (waders that is)

What's the best way to locate a leak in the crotch area of your breathable waders?  I've successfully done the inside-out/water thing for the legs, but think that would be a struggle to do well with the upper parts.

In the midst of his pee jokes, Uber suggested I try the alcohol method too, though the question about them not being real Gore-Tex did come up.  I will try it out and see if it works... worth a shot.  Borrowing a leaf blower is my backup plan (who needs a leaf blower in Lethbridge... the leaves all end up in Coaldale eventually anyway).

• Like 1

Tried it all, and nothing seemed to reveal where my slow leak is happening.  I had previously repaired what looked like a flaw in the material, so put on ample Aquaseal over that area again.  On Monday I did remain dry, but wasn't often in very deep water so not entirely sure if that solved it.  I may have to wait until spring and deeper water to see if it really worked.

• Like 1