Fly Fusion Forums

Waterproof Camera

Hey everyone,

I have Recently seen some of the photos that grace these forums and I am extremely impressed with the quality and ability I see here.

My photos pale by comparison. I am using a 7 year old Pentax optio W90. I know it's probably more me than the cameras fault but I am curious about what cameras people are using.

I did a search and found some threads from 2014 and older but I am looking for a refresher on the topic.

Besides the camera model, any other advice is welcome too. I don't want to "pose" a fish, just couple of quick shots, maybe underwater would be great. I just seem to screw it up.

Thanks

• Like 1

olympus tg-4, it shoots great photos and is a tank. took it to the ski hill, the ocean, the mountains it goes everywhere.

X2. I'm just really starting to scratch the surface on what mine can do, and hope to start doing more underwater stuff soon. Took a couple of underwater videos at the beach this summer in Nova Scotia that were kinda cool. Tried some underwater of a bull I caught a couple weekends ago, and had my settings wrong (panorama instead of underwater, which completely frigged things up $#&!). The TG-5 is just out I think, so one would expect prices on the 4 to drop. I believe the 5 has a better sensor, faster continuous shooting, and is more robust; but other than that I think the 4 still stacks up well. I see there's a 4 for sale in the trading post.

I basically just use one camera for everything and know little about taking photos. For me a good waterproof, shock proof camera is a must for any outdoorsy person, you can take it anywhere without worrying about it getting damaged. Before i had this camera i would never consider taking the camera where i do now and because of that missed out on lots of memories I could have captured.

• Like 1

Galaxy S 7 or 8, I own enough redundant crap without having to keep track of a waterproof camera AND a waterproof phone. Just keep it on a lanyard so you don't have to watch it fluttering to the bottom of 15' of crystal clear water

• Like 1

Awesome info guys! Can you still buy the TG-4 locally or is it all the TG-5? I mostly found the 5 in stock in stores with the 4 online with limited inventory. Thanks for all the info

When I picked up my TG-5 at the Camera Store last week they were out of the TG-4. I think they announced the TG-5 in the spring so they probably put the TG-4 on sale then.