Fly Fusion Forums

Boat Launch Etiquette

Just a reminder to all who own a boat.

It is not okay to park on the launch and get ready... Even if you think there is room for another boat to squeeze by and launch, it is still not okay... Even if you just need to "quickly put on your waders" then launch and get out of the way, it is not okay...Even if you are the only boat around. it is not okay... Get ready in the parking lot, then launch. Thanks.

I don't usually get so bitchy but its happened 2 mornings in a row now.

• Like 8

Yeah people are ridiculous. I was waiting to take my boat out at BH and these guys made sure to get ahead of me and load their pontoons....then proceed to sit there, change out of their gear, take down the rods, take a piss, grab a snack etc etc while in the launch.

Best to even tie up them rods, and get all gear, and fly boxes and jacket hat boots and sunglasses, you know the drill . Then back up into the water , one move the the trailer and one hold hold the boat some guys are so fast 2 min. Done ✅ that's me... smiling ! For the big one...

• Like 2

This happened at Maligne Lake in Jasper, Now I've been to Maligne a few times, and I'm ready to launch but some guy is packing/unpacking his boat at the launch preventing anyone else from launching (narrow launch), I got po'd after having driven 5 hrs and now having to wait for buddy guy, so I carefully backed alongside him. He was eyeballin' me pretty good/givin me the evil eye, to make sure I didn't scratch his truck. I launched and was in/out and on the water fishing and he was still blocking the launch. :$*%&:

• Like 1

This happened at Maligne Lake in Jasper, Now I've been to Maligne a few times, and I'm ready to launch but some guy is packing/unpacking his boat at the launch preventing anyone else from launching (narrow launch), I got po'd after having driven 5 hrs and now having to wait for buddy guy, so I carefully backed alongside him. He was eyeballin' me pretty good/givin me the evil eye, to make sure I didn't scratch his truck. I launched and was in/out and on the water fishing and he was still blocking the launch. :$*%&:

Maligne has got to be the worst launch I have ever seen for this as far as trout fishing goes.

I totally understand this frustration, but from the other side....I trailer my 12' tinny when i can but when towing my travel trailer, I am left with carrying it on my truck boat loader. That leaves me unable to pack all my stuff as well as put my motor(s), tanks and batteries on the boat. It takes me time, and I try my best to launch when the ramp isn't in heavy use. Any suggestions how people like me can make it easier for the rest of the world (without telling us to simply %#*& off).

p.s. I never occupy the launch while I string up rods, put on waders, load light stuff (fly boxes, lunch, etc.) I will move to different location (if available) for stuff that isn't too heavy to lug a couple hundred feet.

• Like 1