Fly Fusion Forums

Waders

murray

I've flipped back and forth. Absolutely no bad things to say about redington warranty though i have had to replace a couple times from seriously using my waders, simms on the other hand, I paid just to have them re-seal my patch jobs. I was a little more than peeved when I got them back.

Both myself and girlfriend have actually had no issues in warrantying redingtons a couple months outside of the year warranty they provide, and absolutely no issues with warrantying warranty replacement pairs of waders either, dont know what FlyfishingEMT has experienced, but that certainly hasn't been the case.

I like the look of the new hodgmans, I may switch over if i start having issues with redington.

I've flipped back and forth. Absolutely no bad things to say about redington warranty though i have had to replace a couple times from seriously using my waders, simms on the other hand, I paid just to have them re-seal my patch jobs. I was a little more than peeved when I got them back.

Both myself and girlfriend have actually had no issues in warrantying redingtons a couple months outside of the year warranty they provide, and absolutely no issues with warrantying warranty replacement pairs of waders either, dont know what FlyfishingEMT has experienced, but that certainly hasn't been the case.

I like the look of the new hodgmans, I may switch over if i start having issues with redington.

They wouldn't warranty the warranty pair that ended up failing in the exact same way as the first pair. When the cheap ones I bought failed I upgraded to sonic pro's and they failed right away. Then the new ones also failed in about the same amount of time. I had issues with the fabric along the edges of the seams around the knees where it flexes/bunches while walking. The fabric would wear through so I ended up having to patch the crap out of them to keep them going. At the time I was fishing a lot but still should get at least a season out of them and it wasn't even close. I had them blown out in the spring before the June 16th opener. Too hard to justify throwing $400 away on a product like that. I could get 3 pairs of the Hodgmans for that price with the same warranty. My hope with the Hodgmans is that the lighter wader material isn't as stiff so maybe it will actually hold up better to lots of walking. Its a long shot but with all the walking I do, very little of it is through thick brush. Time will tell but if they last a year that would be a new record for me. If they last more than half a season or better that will put them on par with other brands I have tried but at a much reduced price point. We will see!

Maybe your waders are too baggy and your legs are rubbing?

No its the fabric bunching at the edge of the seams where the knees bend. Even tried a different size on the second pair to see if it would remedy the issue but no dice. I'm just giving my 2c I don't really care if people want throw money away on brand names. Every brand seems to have its issues or this wouldn't be a topic that comes up ever 3 months on this forum.

Yeah just trying to help.

I'm still wondering if buying a midrange pair, warranteeing them once, buying a new pair every 2-3 years is a better option than buying high end ones.

I spent 800 on a pair of g4s and I probably spent two days dry in those things in 3 or 4 seasons.

I probably fish 30 days a season in waders, with previous seasons being more walk and wade focused.

Found these on the net. Thoughts?

http://www.tenkarabum.com/wader-gaiter.html

No its the fabric bunching at the edge of the seams where the knees bend. Even tried a different size on the second pair to see if it would remedy the issue but no dice. I'm just giving my 2c I don't really care if people want throw money away on brand names. Every brand seems to have its issues or this wouldn't be a topic that comes up ever 3 months on this forum.

have you tried on simms? They have the best fitting legs out there, as they're actually articulated and true to form, rather then the ol' straight leg ones you'll see on pretty well every other wader. If you're having too much material, you have the wrong size..