Fly Fusion Forums

Flipped Jet Boat On The Bow

Heads up in the McKinnons area, less than 1 km up, middle of the river possible hazard. Will know more tomorrow about exact location, if it has moved etc. Currently trying to help the guy find someone with a jet boat to launch at McKinnons and find it & to see if recovery is possible (possibly some gear may apprear downstream also?) Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone this is Jason I'm the owner. I have a plan, I just need at least one preferably two jets. Lots of rope and about 4 to 6 people to pull it in. The idea is to flip it right side up and pull it in. It's in about three feet of water and to the shallow side is wadeable. Please help.

How fast is the water moving where it is? Even if it is a walking pace current, there will be a ton of down force on the boat due to its large surface area.

People power may not be enough.

Last time a boat needed to be recovered, they had to have a tractor pull on it to dislodge it.

However maybe with some come alongs or a winch you might be able to get it moving???

I would help out but mine is still in storage. Im pulling it out Friday but couldn't help till Monday. Let me know if you still need help on Monday or later next week. If you are thinking of using a jet boat to pull on your boat Im not cool with doing that with my boat so if that's the plan Im out.

So to clarify, I wouldn't ask any one to pull anything with their boats or do something that isn't safe. Just to get people and equipment to the site. Having more than one boat and more people would make this safer and perhaps easier. We're going to make an attempt tomorrow. But if that doesn't work and it's still recoverable then Saturday also.

Hi, yes, my number is 403-305-4427. Simple bad decisions and terrible outcomes. I've lost a lot more here than just an f'd up boat. I'm lucky to be alive today. I'm pleading to the community to help me with this. Anyone who can donate some time and effort and needed equipment would surely be appreciated. Thanks to all who have commented and shown concern.

• Like 1

Hi, yes, my number is 403-305-4427. Simple bad decisions and terrible outcomes. I've lost a lot more here than just an f'd up boat. I'm lucky to be alive today. I'm pleading to the community to help me with this. Anyone who can donate some time and effort and needed equipment would surely be appreciated. Thanks to all who have commented and shown concern. Let's all be safe out there and catch lots of big browns and live to tell about it

Ok, so we're going to make an attempt tomorrow afternoon with four people including myself, to up right it with an on shore anchor. I have Eric out of carseland lending is boat and knowledge to the task and two more to help. This isn't a safe undertaking and more people and know how will make this safe for all. Other wise I'm gonna leave it there to dodge and marvel at.

Ok, so we're going to make an attempt tomorrow afternoon with four people including myself, to up right it with an on shore anchor. I have Eric out of carseland lending is boat and knowledge to the task and two more to help. This isn't a safe undertaking and more people and know how will make this safe for all. Please help. We don't want her sitting there do we?

Trying to recover my anchor, everything went sideways from there. Can you help?

I'm out of country otherwise i would. My suggestion would be to talk to the landowner that has the road down to the river on the south side to get access. Easy enough to find on google maps.

Also, seems that unless the engine is caught up on a tree, it's not going to take much to nudge that loose. Unfortunately it's not going to get any shallower unless you can flip it. I'd make sure you at minimum get a rope on it and attached to shore somewhere if you can't salvage it tomorrow. if that water comes up overnight it may well move on you, and if it heads down the right channel it's gonna get stuck in a tree or you may never see it again if it gets to the deep stuff.

Oh and take it easy with the come-along if you use one. Lots of horror stories when those break

• Like 1