Fly Fusion Forums

Barrio Fly Lines

After reading about these lines on another fishing forum, and seeing great reviews, I decided to try one.

This is a company from Scotland, the have a fairly good selection of lines for most purposes, and free worldwide shipping.I ordered a GT90 line 6wtf. Floating line it took not quite 2 weeks to my door and cost

$47 can.It comes in a colour called mushy pea, a nice soft green colour.The first thing I noticed while spooling up was how supple this line was , there was no memory coils at all. It flows through the guides very quietly. The line lays out in a perfectly straight line, again no memory.it is a very easy line to cast for distance, it floats very well and mends just as well. The only shortfall, that I have found is it does not come with welded loops, so I just put on a braided loop. I normally use the higher end Rio or SA line, but with them now around $100, I thought this might be a good alternative at half price.I hove only been out twice with this line, but I am very impressed so far I feel in my opinion that these lines are every bit as good as the high end lines. I have already ordered another.If you are in the market for a new line, it might pay to give their website a look, in my opinion it is a very good product.

• Like 3