Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Else Trading Marijuana Stocks?

I don't think the weed train has completely left the station, I am just trying to decide what I want to put the TFSA money into this year. Not much of a MF or ETF guy these days... Any input fellas? I like CBW for a lot of things, the one I don't is as stated, it's not an actual producer.

Interesting development:

Cannimed cancelled shareholder vote on Newstrike.

Perhaps they seen the writing on the wall with the 38% lock up and the 2% that aurora has purchases in the last month. Only need 11% voter confidence.

If this became a merger vs hostile....this could quickly make the two the largest marijuana company in Canada.  Could boast very well for the stock price.

If it doesn't happen, I think aurora will grow, but most likely at a more moderate pace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasonvilly said:

Although the deal with Newstrike (HIP) and Cannimed is done for now, might be an interesting purchase, as someone will probably snap them up.  Decent Share price at 1.82 currently.  Might be a double or triple if/and when they get bought out.

Can you explain to me why Aurora is down today and Cannimed is through the roof?? That just doesnt make sense to me! 

Probably something to do with the  how the buyout will work...

I read it will be 3.4 shares of Aurora for every Cannimed share or shares plus cash ( I would take the shares, you will see why later)

Cannimed is trading at 41.90 currently

So at 13.98 (current aurora price) 3.4 shares would cost you $47.53.

This means that you would essentially be getting a deal on purchasing aurora shares at their current price by buying 1 Cannimed share.  With the added upside of aurora Shares increasing in value once the deal is complete.

• Like 1

Exactly. People were bailing off ACB like they were the titanic to buy CMED shares so they could get "more" ACB stocks. A guy on stockhouse did a really good analysis with a model of 10k, it made sense for the early ones who jumped pre-noon and the volume wasnt ridiculous. A lot of people are going to get caught having paid even more for CMED and after trading fees and uncertainty really not coming out ahead. I just kept cool and stayed long, I've been an increasing owner of ACB since 2016 and will continue to be until we hit a specific mark. I'm starting to get a number in mind.

As for HIP, CBW wasted no time and is now in talks with them, so, watch both of their stock prices closely next few weeks. jason is correct in his assessment that it could be a great short term addition. I did buy some CBW and started to invest in some more industries, I feel that lots of these new companies popping up are going to be insignificant now.  Stay long on ACB fellas. It's likely doing to dip or level out for the next week or so, once all this dust settles hold on for a big bullish run. And everyone will have more RRSP room, more funds and firms buying in, up we continue.

Anyone wants to get (back) into energy stocks, might I point your attention to Emerald Bay Energy (EBY). Do a little dd and make the decision for yourself.