Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Else Trading Marijuana Stocks?

My concern is that there are no regulations barring upstart companies other than the hoops you have to go through with Health Canada. These small companies will cut into the profit margin of the bigger more established companies.

Also, what happens if/when big toboacco companies decide to start producing? Established companies with distribution and manufacturing facilities already in place, and no need to go to the banks for investment. That is a scary proposition.

Again, too many unknown variables for my investment taste.

Don't believe everything you read in the finance news. If all these guys making predictions were ever right they wouldn't have to keep writing speculative articles for a living.

The ETF is a safer bet for sure, but you're not going to do as well. Higher risk, higher reward. That's not to say that some companies will flop or things will happen, but if you individually buy one of the "big 10 or big 5" then if it does pay off, it will pay off better than an ETF. My hope is some of these companies stay the same, but if tobacco companies did in fact buy in, there's pretty good odds they would buy out some of these larger established companies. Who really knows for sure though. Don't bet the house on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of factors that all need to line up before these stocks start really rising. I think once the federal and provincial gov't finalize laws, procedures for legalization of recreational sale and use then we will see the payoff. Realistically it's a couple years until the real payoff.. I hope anyways!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I agree 100% ravenrock. I think as one goes they're all going to start going. From what I am gathering though, aurora is going to be the one. I think anyone who's averaged under 2.50 is going to be in good shape by this time next year.

• 3 months later...

Been a pretty awesome month or two of growth.

Lots of merger talks, the consolidation is going to happen, just a little quicker than I thought.  Aurora sure is aggressive in buying companies, really hope the cannimed hostile takeover goes through. They would quickly become the #2 company in Canada, with access to European and Australian markets.

I couldn't agree more jasonvilly. I am not going to say we are out of  the volatility cycle yet completely, but all the profit-takers and shorters did their thing hopefully for a while. Lots more good things to come and with several provinces now unfolding their "legalization plans", it is imminent that it's july 2018. I think we may still see some peaks and valleys but this stock will be in the green forever now.

If they do takeover cannimed, then we are in even better shape. I think part of the hold up is that ACB doesn't want HIP which is who cannimed is trying to takeover. Both cannimed and hip's prices have suffered in light of this. I don't know if the recreational sales are going to be as big as projections are. People who really want to smoke pot already do despite the law, legalizing it will just push some people off the edge to try it.

That being said the big million dollar question for me is, when does a guy sell? Do we keep waiting and sell in June 2018, when the stock could potentially be at its highest for a year or more. Or do we wait til a few months after legalization? This is the thing that's kept me up a few nights as I am in big on ACB. I'm a young guy but because of the lucky gamble could result in me retiring 5 years sooner. Good things on the horizon. Now, if only Enbridge would pull out of their nosedive I'd be a happy camper!

I am hoping not selling will eventually pay out quarterly and will make more money in long run. I just read previous comments it’s funny how we all were worried about the odd dip when it was around 1.80-2.30 ish. Now that it’s above 7 glad I never dropped out at all

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jasonvilly said:

I have same concern, when do you cut and run and take your profit. 

Don’t want to be the guy holding on too long like when the dotcom bubble burst. 

Part of me wants to ride it out and see if a dividend does come out of it, or if a buyout by some large tobacco or alcohol company happens (doubtful at this point). The cool part now is we will actually pull ahead of Canopy on Friday, with a 4B Market Cap. What a day today i checked at about 9:00 AM and near hit the floor. Not going to lie I thought about cutting and running today, I think it's foolish to try profit taking with hopes of buying back in now though, have a hard time thinking we'd ever go below 6 bucks again. Oh well stay tuned and enjoy it guys! I too am laughing now at the skepticism we all showed months ago.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, twispi2 said:

We gonna be climbing for awhile. Just gotta get this takeover of cannimed out of way and with all this other good news aurora has no way we don’t start climbing huge 

25 bucks by summer.