Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Else Trading Marijuana Stocks?

Just curious if anyone else is trading marijuana stocks the last year or so? They are definitely a subjective stock in regards to news speculations and federal government announcements as it pertains to the legalization of this stuff. I'm neutral on the subject, I don't use it but have no issues if people do responsibly. I don't want to turn this into a debate about it and its legalization.

I bought in cheap on canopy growth corp (TSX: WEED) - right? And sold a month or so ago right around its peak. I did well but may regret it in the long term. I took a percentage of some of these gains and invested into some smaller companies like organigram holdings and aphria, as well as a couple smaller up-and-comers.

I would like others to sound off if anyone else has been taking chip shots with these and what your thoughts, predictions, and outcomes have been. It's a very controversial topic.

I agree with you 100% Jayhad, there's a direct correlation with stock prices and media reporting in regards to pot stocks. And troutpanther I also agree with you, I currently have small holdings in 4 marijuana companies but that comprises ~5% of my portfolio in what I like to call the "what the hell let's see what happens" section. Agreed crazy uncertainty/volatility.

Thanks for the input guys, these were the kind of replies I was hoping for because they're exactly the way I see it too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

my Aphria stock gained 14% valuation in a couple days. id say thats not too shabby

also bought some shares in Aurora and its steady climbing.

Same for me as of late, chalk up Organigram to that list as well. It is such a small chunk of the portfolio that it won't hurt if you lose or break even, but I am starting to get apprehensive about holding onto them. Perhaps sell everything while they're up, albeit only a little.

big news out tomorrow on the liberals "pot plan" will be unveiled, just sayin

And it was very vague, unclear. A lot of pot stocks net losses by closing today. Definitely shouldn't have loaded up on more Aurora this morning. frig.

And it was very vague, unclear. A lot of pot stocks net losses by closing today. Definitely shouldn't have loaded up on more Aurora this morning. frig.

yeah tell me about it, i took a pretty big hit the last couple days. looks like ill be sitting on it for a while now to recoup my funds but all reports say its undervalued still. bought alot more this am at the basement bottom prices

can not make money unless your ready to lose it right? if weed stocks drop even more my boats up for sale ha ha

yeah tell me about it, i took a pretty big hit the last couple days. looks like ill be sitting on it for a while now to recoup my funds but all reports say its undervalued still. bought alot more this am at the basement bottom prices

can not make money unless your ready to lose it right? if weed stocks drop even more my boats up for sale ha ha

Just hang in there - I think good things are coming.

Maybe....they will go off eventually.

And that is if you pick the right one.

The rationale of go big could also mean you go home with nothing.

I'm not entirely convinced it is a Buy stock yet. Still too many unknowns.

Time will tell.

My concern is that there are no regulations barring upstart companies other than the hoops you have to go through with Health Canada. These small companies will cut into the profit margin of the bigger more established companies.

Also, what happens if/when big toboacco companies decide to start producing? Established companies with distribution and manufacturing facilities already in place, and no need to go to the banks for investment. That is a scary proposition.

Again, too many unknown variables for my investment taste.

I took a look at the Aurora site at the Edmonton International Airport yesterday. The size of the footprint they have started is truly massive. That is going to be one big greenhouse.

If there is ever a fire everyone in Leduc with be wrecked..

Mike

• Like 1