Fly Fusion Forums

Simms Wader Sizing-How Much Room To Spare?

dmac111

;mornCoffee: Good day all.

I'm getting a little more into fly fishing this year so I broke the bank and picked up some good waders and boots. I went with the simms g3 stocking foot, I bought them at bass pro. The only sizes they had were basic, M, L. The medium was way too snug, and with the large I find to have a lot of room in the chest and hip area. I have never tried on a MK... What I'm wondering is how much room should one have? If I wear my simms exstream jacket under these waders I have a little room to spare, so I'm worried if I go to the MK that it may be too snug.

I just want to ask you pros out there and get you knowledgeable opinion....how much room should you really have?

Sounds to me that the medium king is what you should be wearing, but that's hard to tell without looking at you (used to size waders daily for people.). That extra material in the crotch that im sure you have now is destined to wear out a lot faster then a properly fit wader. Medium kings are in between the Medium and Large for width, which sounds like what you need.

Take them back, support a LOCAL fly shop, and try on a medium king. Better to be sure before you get committed to a large, and have them prematurely wear cause the size is off

• Like 1

I'm 6'1 190 and I snuggly fit a hoody and a Patagonia down sweater in my MK G4s- which should be the same size.

I swam in the larges as well. You don't want too much slack because the material will rub more between the legs and wear it out. Make sure you can bend right down without putting too much tension on the knees, too.

Every body shape is different, at 6'1" and 215 I typically wear a large pant and a xl shirt but because I have cows vs calves for lower legs and a short inseam for my height 31" I wear an XLS in a G4.... yes its bigger up top but in a large short I stretch the seams in the calf area so the extra room in the XL is key.... too tight is as big an issue as too large.... take your time and try some different options available before you purchase and try them on with what you would wear under them ie long johns or wicking layer

• 3 weeks later...