Fly Fusion Forums

Material From Mexico

BadAndy

So I'm down in Mexico for the week, ran across some critter that looks like a warn weather raccoon. Got to thinking it has this puffy tail, but it was pretty sparce, wonder if it would be any good to tie with! (No answer on that yet from the locals)...

Next thought was, is there anything here I might want to bring North that is either expensive or hard to get?

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure you would have to declare this animal's fur (at the very least you should anyway)... Not sure what parasites, etc. it might bring into Canada...

Probably best to buy your materials locally. Might not be worth saving a couple of $, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Nothin like luggage full of fleas (or worse). I've

Never seen hecho en Mexico on any of my tying gear.

Leave that little critter where he lay. The only thing I

Bring back from Mexico is a burntan and on occasion, An angry colon.

Had to laugh, the very first vise I ever had as a kid many moons ago was "hecho en Mexico". A rather crude device by today's standards, but got the job done nonetheless.

I agree with the comments re not bringing back foreign road kill or animal matter generally speaking. Train wreck at Customs, any way you look at it.

• Like 1