Fly Fusion Forums

Social Media Question?

In "light" of recent board events I have been wondering...🤔

But first I must recap...

Social media has successfully been used to shame people fishing illegally... ✔️

Social media has successfully been used to shame people from trying to provide a service for the fishing community... ✔️

So my question is... Would giving your InstaSnapTwitterFace information while signing up for ones fishing license, be a great way for the COs to be able to pull peoples fishing licenses for too many hero-shots?

Discuss...

Plenty of people don't have social media accounts so would they not be able to get a fishing license without providing that info? If not, what would stop me from saying I don't have those accounts even if I do when I buy a license? No way to enforce it...

And of course it's a moot point anyhow since it would be a privacy violation to ask for that info.

What? You don't love 12" cutty hero shots? I love when people post 15 shots of dry, cookie cutter fish and big grins and rod on their shoulders.

Actually, although it's lame, kinda gotta remember when that stuff was new to you and it was exciting. Now what tickles your fancy is a little more refined. Just set a good example with what you post. If the cool people do it, eventually so will the minions.

I do take the special fish picture and I agree there is no way to enforce it...

We talk about fish mortality and use statistics... lets say 5 - 10% mortality rate for catching a fish.

Say a person on social media has 100 hero-shots taken in a season, we could say they have statistically killed 10 fish.

Say 1 person fished once in a season and kept 10 fish...

OMG... now I think of all the fish that I have probably killed... I will never fish again!

Sorry guys I need to go set up InstaSnapTwitter face accounts and shame these people.

Like the attractive girl Friday pin up girl on MoldyChum today with the big.... bullies...