Fly Fusion Forums

Bow Fish Little Water

FishFury

Manged to get out fishing for the first time since moving down here to lethbridge college. Decided to give the crow a shot for the first time. Always wanted to fish it but never wanted to drive the distance coming for Cochrane. But know that its only a bit more than a hours drive i have no excuse. Fished for several hours and lost count of numbers. Twice as many hooked than landed. All your typical crows nest rainbows. Not big but not tiny. Just a tone of fun. Then i found this big boy. Defiantly wasn't expecting to find a bow river sized fish in this water. Heck it was bigger than most of the fish ive been catching in the bow lately. The colors on all these fish were more vivid then ive ever seen before. Love it! On the way out i was casting a caddis and snapped off another similar sizes one. Lets just say it was an awesome first day out there. Cant wait to get back out next weekend!!

GOPR0492_zpskgltrogj.jpg

GOPR0500_zpsaqfbz0rr.jpg

• Like 5

Nice! For us Lethbians, tis hard not to love the short hop out there. I've had some success with a little larger class of fish this year... don't know if that's because there are more around, or if I'm actually just getting a bit more proficient. Most surprising for me has been lots of hybrids and many that looked to me to be pretty heavy on the cutty and very light on the bow side of the gene pool as well.