Fly Fusion Forums

Simms Warranty

I bought a pair of Simms Riverteck II wading boots last summer, used them till about the end of October, then for about a month this spring.while cleaning them up , I noticed the triple stitching coming apart in a couple places on both boots.I contacted Simms, and was told to send them in, and they would evaluate them, for repair, or replacement.I was notified that they had received them, late one afternoon.the next morning they notified me that they would be replacing them with ,new boots.Simms was excellent to communicate with, and kept me informed at all times. I am very happy with the outcome, and very Happy that I chose Simms for this purchase, and will be happy to buy Simms products in the future.Seems nowadays, it's hard to get a positive outcome on warranty issues, but Simms was fantastic to deal with.

• Like 5

I have the Riverteck as well as the G4 boot , both have the boa. System, the wheel on the Riverteck is in the centre. The wheel on the G4 is on the side. I prefer the Riverteck as it tightens more evenly. Also like the drain holes on the Riverteck boots. Although others may not agree, I am a great fan of the BOA system.

The thing with Simms, or any quality made item really, is you get what you pay for. When you buy american/canadian, of course you're gonna pay more. I have always been a firm believer in you get what you pay for and try to preach this to all my fishing and hunting buddies. Don't buy something cheap, cause youre gonna just end up replacing it with something of good quality anyway in short order, so save yourself the money and spend the money (If that makes sense). The two things you get with buying domestically produced products, is you get quality assurance - you know you're getting good materials and craftsmanship in every single piece. AND, because they are so well made, you get a company that will stand behind it. Simms and St. Croix Rods are probably two of the best companies I've ever dealt with, the few times I've needed any help.

• Like 1