Fly Fusion Forums

Oh Yeah! Mousin'!

Taco

Well Monger there is something to be said about having a grown out stocker waving at you from 4 ft in the air and leaving immediately after you feel and hear your backing knot go rat-a-tat-tat through your guides.

Love mousin! Sweet vids!

Certainly haven't been too successful at it for numbers of fish, but when it works, it is awesome...

I really like this guy's two-tone mouse, but even just using a single tone of natural belly hair it looks good - I have found clipping off the main hook and using a stinger instead on the tail seems to work when a fish tries to pull a mouse under instead of a full-on strike:

Love mousin! Sweet vids!

Certainly haven't been too successful at it for numbers of fish, but when it works, it is awesome...

I really like this guy's two-tone mouse, but even just using a single tone of natural belly hair it looks good - I have found clipping off the main hook and using a stinger instead on the tail seems to work when a fish tries to pull a mouse under instead of a full-on strike:

He's using a Morrish Mouse rough spun deer hair , bottom trimmed flat, then black foam back pulled down and tied off at head, leather tail. works like a damn around these parts!! not saying where just these parts..

Edited by Flyfishfairwx

The other is a triple articulated sex dungeon, right?

No, Triple articulated dungeons fold back on themselves resulting in tangled flies as well as I don't think dungeons are good at illicting a strike, they bring the fish around but they don't commit. I only advocate the dungeon as an attractor.

Long time ago my ex-wife was accusing me of not going fishing because I never bring any fish home lol. So i decided to bring her a brown out of the south fork of Prairie Creek. Cleaned it and found two mice in its stomach.

• Like 1

No, Triple articulated dungeons fold back on themselves resulting in tangled flies as well as I don't think dungeons are good at illicting a strike, they bring the fish around but they don't commit. I only advocate the dungeon as an attractor.

Put beads in to the articulations before pulling the wire/line tight. Not a 100 percent fix, but definitely reduces the tangles. Is your experience species specific? I always fished big ones for bulls in the kootenays.

Put beads in to the articulations before pulling the wire/line tight. Not a 100 percent fix, but definitely reduces the tangles. Is your experience species specific? I always fished big ones for bulls in the kootenays.

beads aren't even close to a fix. For this conversation I am only talking about browns, IMO fishing for bulls with a dungeon is a waste of tying time.

• Like 1