Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Heard Of Or Use Shoreline Risers Guiding Company?

BigFoamy

He had a trip up for bid on a local Cochrane facebook page. One lady out bid me for a full day guided walk n wade. She got it for $150.00

Shoreline then contacted me asking if I wanted the trip since I was the second highest bidder. I thought maybe the winner back out so I said sure I'll take it, but then I thought I should ask why I was offered and he said it was because she never contacted him or paid. So out of curiosity I sent her a message and she replied saying she had met with him on Tuesday (two days earlier) and paid him.

So if I go by his social media presence I would say the dude looks like he loves to fish and fishes his faceoff. But if I go by his business practices I would say something is not 100% right.

I hope I'm wrong and your Son has an awesome day.

• Like 1

He had a trip up for bid on a local Cochrane facebook page. One lady out bid me for a full day guided walk n wade. She got it for $150.00

Shoreline then contacted me asking if I wanted the trip since I was the second highest bidder. I thought maybe the winner back out so I said sure I'll take it, but then I thought I should ask why I was offered and he said it was because she never contacted him or paid. So out of curiosity I sent her a message and she replied saying she had met with him on Tuesday (two days earlier) and paid him.

So if I go by his social media presence I would say the dude looks like he loves to fish and fishes his faceoff. But if I go by his business practices I would say something is not 100% right.

I hope I'm wrong and your Son has an awesome day.

Me too lol!!! Guess we'll see :)

• 7 months later...

I have never paid for his services but as for being active in the community I will give him a big plus 1. He often organizes clean up days and beginner days out towards the Cochrane area. The way I understand it he also hosts a fly tying night on the last Wednesday of each month at a local establishment. I have only met him at one of his clean up days but I will say he is nice and enthusiastic. I would expect your son to enjoy himself and come home hungry for more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like this guy has scammed a bunch of people.. He closed down his web site. No longer has Facebook page.. The phone number he used to have no longer has a voice mail attached to it.. It just rings..if anyone knows what is going on with this guy or how to contact him to get money refunded or to book a trip,if he is doing them still would be appreciated.. I hate the fact he seemed to just drop off face of the earth.. His instagram account hasn't been updated since early July..

Lots of issues with this guy in the Cochrane area. He started out strong by offering fly tying nights in a local pub, river clean-ups etc. And was promoting very well in the local markets and fairs. But offering $130-$150 full day walk n wades didn’t pass my smell test. Now he is just proving that my gut was right about him and the way he runs a “business”. And if for some reason he has a legit reason then he really needs to work on his communication skills. Most people are understanding if giving the option the be.

Screenshot_20160806-153453_zpsdwigp96l.p

Screenshot_20160812-154106_zpsqvqrzexk.p

Screenshot_20160820-213612_zpsjxnh1e1i.p

I have taken back my previous support of Shoreline Risers and Andrew Watson, there are certainly some problems there in regards to his business dealings. Hope he can turn it around but until then anyone with any outstanding money owing or other concerns would probably be best contacting the Cochrane RCMP.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

My wife forked over $200 for this trip. Christmas gift last year to me. It maybe not a lot of money to some, but people need to be held accountable. I don't think he deserves any slack and hopefully anyone else who is out any money, comes forward and we figure out how to deal with this.

• Like 1

A message board would not be liable for something a member posted unless there were some other, exacerbating circumstances, not that anything I've seen here approaches the standard for libel (i.e., maliciously posting something both false and materially damaging to another party).

• Like 1