Fly Fusion Forums

Wholesale Sports

I was at Wholesale Sports on the weekend and the fly fishing section looked like it was getting ready to shut down? Lots of fly stuff on sale for what they had, very few flies, reels on sale, just gave me the feeling something was perhaps changing? Wondering out loud if having so many stores to choose from for fishing, that maybe they are downsizing?

Maybe they are waiting for a new shipment or something, guess I should have asked.

Cheers

Who knows? I was in Wholesale Lethbridge this mornin' and there was a supervisor with a whole group of staff trottin' faithfully behind him around discussin' what I assumed was a major rearrangement of the various displays. Sounded more like another prime example of UFA's top down management to me. The young guy in fishin' department was helpful as hell though. and said they had a pile of tying stock comin' in next week.

A couple of years ago the tying section got severely pillaged by a pre-Christmas sale and stayed that way forever. The guys said that they were aware of the problem, but had no wherewithal to order anything, as that was done elsewhere and those responsible were indifferent to the lost sales.