Fly Fusion Forums

Used Drift Boats

petti

Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a used drift boat this spring and was curious if someone could steer me in the right direction. I would prefer to purchase the boat in Canada for obvious reasons. Anyone got a boat for sale or know of a good starting point to look?

Thanks

Not sure what your obvious reasons for buying in Canada are, except maybe the way the exchange rate looks right now. Bought used from Hyde a few years back, really not much too it. Met them across the border to pick it up, came back across to our side, filled out a form or two, paid some fees and got the trailer inspected once back to town.

I'd do it again

• Like 1

I've brought two boats back and its really simple. Keep your records of negotiation, have the title in hand and you are good to go. Then within 6 months you have to get an RIV inspection done on the boat trailer at Canadian Tire. The only thing they seemed concerned with at the border is having proof of purchase price and thats it.

• Like 1

Not sure what your obvious reasons for buying in Canada are, except maybe the way the exchange rate looks right now. Bought used from Hyde a few years back, really not much too it. Met them across the border to pick it up, came back across to our side, filled out a form or two, paid some fees and got the trailer inspected once back to town.

I'd do it again

I'd do it again