Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying 2015 Edition

AndyR

Blue Fanwing Royal Coachman. Last of my blue hackle.

IMG_0028.jpg

Doc I've been looking your flies over and am pretty sure they wont catch any fish. I mean you can send me some and all try them but am pretty sure they wont work.

All kidding aside those are just perfect little fanwing coachman's.

• Like 3

I am tying a bunch of different patterns for Mayan riviera as well. Would you mind sharing what size hooks you are tying on. So far I've tied on 8,6,4 size hooks, mainly gotchas, charlies,minnows and crabs. All in green, orange and tan colors.

Thanks for posting that picture.

Will post my ties once I run out of hooks :)

The Tarpon flies are all 2/0 & 1/0.

Crab patterns 1 & 2

Bonefish flies 4, 6 & 8.

These flies are for the flats and lagoons down in Ascension Bay. If you do any blue water or inshore fishing (Mayan area) tie up some Sardina patterns in white/rootbeer white/ocean blue or white/dark olive. On the top you can tie in 4-6 strands of Peacock herl or dark brown crystal flash.

I am tying a bunch of different patterns for Mayan riviera as well. Would you mind sharing what size hooks you are tying on. So far I've tied on 8,6,4 size hooks, mainly gotchas, charlies,minnows and crabs. All in green, orange and tan colors. Thanks for posting that picture. Will post my ties once I run out of hooks :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am tying a bunch of different patterns for Mayan riviera as well. Would you mind sharing what size hooks you are tying on. So far I've tied on 8,6,4 size hooks, mainly gotchas, charlies,minnows and crabs. All in green, orange and tan colors. Thanks for posting that picture. Will post my ties once I run out of hooks :)

I thought you needed a bunch of sizes for down there too. If I were to do it all over, Bones everything on a size 4's, tarpon/snook 1/0 or 2/0. There aren't many permit around this time of year but there are a few. In my experience The bones aren't really picky at all. Tan is the only color you need in various weights to get to depth properly without spooking them.

• Like 1

Guest bigdirty

First attempt at a dubbing brush. Consists of craft fur, EP fibers, and rubber legs. Haven't tied it on anything yet. Concerned the wire middle is waaaay thicker than the store bought stuff. Anyone else making brushes?

Ghetto backdrop

CameraZOOM-20151201210600737_zps9bvd6gd3

Put the brush to use last night. Found the wire middle to be very fragile. Maybe I over twisted?

Update... Use the stainless steel brush wire.

• 2 weeks later...