Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Recent Shots

Xplorer

Hi guys,

I have been out rambling around Alberta and BC, thought I would post a few photos I thought were cool.

St Marys River BC, was there during the 36C to 39C days in July.

IMGP2755_zpsf9a3888f.jpg

St Mary's Cutty, worth the extra $20 a day? I had 2 days of 20+ fish each day, so probably money well spent.

IMGP2764_zps502f618a.jpg

Caught this guy when he tried to eat the cutty that rose to my dry and he lined the dropper, was tough on a 3wt. At least the cutty got free, he looked pretty terrorized at first.

IMGP2803_zpsd49bdbd0.jpg

Fished the bow in the NW the other day and found this guy hiding in the shade, definitely one of the bigger Burbs I have seen up there.

IMGP2859_zps3bb5d20b.jpg

• Like 3

Fantastic!!

I have a bit of a health issue, and am wondering how tough the fishing is. My daughter and her family camped on the St. Mary's River right in Kimberly in July, and I'm thinking of going out for a visit next year. I'm wondering if I could catch any fish right close to Kimberly.

Regards,

Dick Seymour

Thanks guys!

Hi Dick, sorry I missed your reply earlier. We stayed at the riverside campground and the st marys river runs right past it. I caught fish in the river along the campground, I did catch bigger fish the farther away I got from the campground. I recommend driving to the bottom of the hill in the campground and walking from there. It is mostly flat there and the paths are well marked. The river by the campground had some pools, riffles and enough runs with boulders to keep me interested and the cuts were in all the usual places.

Hope it helps a bit

Lance