Fly Fusion Forums

Best Bang For Your Buck?

BigFoamy

I cant fix my waders, theyre not leaking on the seems, water seeps through the material at this point. I cant really afford new ones and havnt purchased waders in over 10 years. Can i get a good pair for 300? back in the day that would get you a plastic bag to wear and Im guessing prices havnt gone down!! For anyone that knows, what is the best cheap wader out there?? doesnt matter how much money Ive spent in the past they will leak eventually.

I have had these for two seasons and been pretty pleased with them:

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fishing-apparel/waders-boots/duraweave-chest-wader/prod264710.html

One leak in the sock but easily patched and good to go. I have a feeling it was a result of the previous boots though and not the waders themselves.

BigF....

I really do sympathize with your wader woes. For years I wore Redball Featherweights. They cost me less than $50/pr. and lasted 5>7 years. When I heard they were going outta business, I bought 5 pair figuring that would last the duration. I didn't figure on lake fishing so much and didn't buy enough extra large waders.

So in the past 2 years I've spent upwards of $400 - more that I'd spent in the past 50 years.

Gotta love this breathable crap!

Regards,

Don

BigF.... I really do sympathize with your wader woes. For years I wore Redball Featherweights. They cost me less than $50/pr. and lasted 5>7 years. When I heard they were going outta business, I bought 5 pair figuring that would last the duration. I didn't figure on lake fishing so much and didn't buy enough extra large waders. So in the past 2 years I've spent upwards of $400 - more that I'd spent in the past 50 years. Gotta love this breathable crap! Regards, Don

Dang waders, I cant fish without them. Always a high ticket item for me. Will definitely check a couple of the pairs mentioned above and go from there. Was at fishtales as well awhile back, always good product and service there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a pair of Simms G3 Waders. I think i got a good price on them. Anyways the hunt is over, I went into Iron Bow today because i just happened to be in Dalhousie and the whole thing just came together. Thanks guys and nice store :) bought some schlappen as well!

• Like 1