Fly Fusion Forums

Beat Down @ Police

I went for an early morning fish sat am, got out of the launch when only a couple of vehicles were around so pretty simple to get boat in , get parking & be on my way.

A friend/guide phoned me yesterday & said by 8:30 things were a different story.

He arrived with clients & there were several boats in various stages of readiness . This is where some common sense & etiquette should come come into play.

Usually if your ready & next guy in line is not check & see if its cool to go ahead & put boat in.

My friend check with red Lincoln truck driver & company to see how things are coming along only to get blasted & told to wait his effen turn and he was here first ....

My friend backs off & waits for the red Lincoln hot head.

Another guide who I will not disclose is ready to go & mentions his readiness to Lincoln man ... Lincoln man shoots his mouth off .... Bad move, guide walks over pulls Lincoln out of his truck & proceeds to rag doll & absolutely beat the ever living shyt out of Lincoln...at least 5 unanswered shots to the face & his day is over.

I don't think he floated that day.

What is the lesson to be learned here?

Wow... wonder what his clients thought of this? Agree, the guy in the Lincoln was out of line. But, you can't simply pull a guy out of his truck and give him a beating....can you? I hate violence and just one of those blows to the guys head could have done some serious damage, or even killed the guy (if it was as violent as you say). I will keep an eye out for red lincoln but would like to know who the guide was, so i can stay clear of him and not make him mad. I wonder how the clients took any instructions afterward from this guide and his temper. Not cool.

• Like 5

I was down at Policemens on Saturday morning and it was pretty chaotic. Lots of boats and vehicles all around. Granted I slept in a bit so wasn't there until 8:30.

I agree not sure a pure ass kicking was warranted in that situation.

Possibly a strong discussion regarding etiquette would have been more beneficial.

Wow I wonder how that float went after watching your guide assault someone?

"put the fly there!!!"

"yes Sir"

"mend!!!"

"yes sir"

"set!!!"

"Yes sir"

"we're stopping for lunch"

"yes sir"

Sort of like a day on the water with you?

Granted I didn't need to see you beat the crap out of someone to be afraid.

• Like 1

They were both over the top. Was around too much violence in the bar business, and the booze caused that. Launch and fish are reasons to be excited, but not beat the crap out of someone. Wish Lincoln was put in his place by a few voices instead of punches. For all we know if he was me, I could have bled to death from one punch being on thinners.I once knew a nice young man at Sait, who got in a fight with another pub goer. One punch and he hit his head on the sidewalk and died. You never know. I hope both belong to to FFC and read our opinion. You can bet Lincoln will not do it again. Can't say the same for the guide. Unless Lincoln threw a punch first, there are reasons for charges.

So a couple comments on my take of the situation:

- It's hard to comment when none of us were there and heard the actual exchange, although I agree that getting physical is probably not the answer

- In my experience (and this is coming from mostly playing hockey), laying a beat-down on an idiot like that is unlikely to make him change his ways, although logic would suggest it should

This is just one example of regular occurences at boat launches, gas station lineups, parking lots, highway's, kid's hockey/soccer/football games, etc. etc. etc....almost anywhere people congregate, there are idiots and it seems they are multiplying like rabbits. It is guerilla warfare from within as there is no way to decipher idiots by wealth, race, religion, age or sex. Unfortunately, being an idiot is not illegal, and when they do something that is, they're rarely caught; if they're caught, the repurcussions are often inconsequential. It's only going to get worse and I definately don't have the answer to the problem (that's feasible). I am worried what the world will look like for my kids as they become adults and my future grandchildren. All you can really do is determine how you are going to deal with idiots and then try to implement that into your daily life. I guess a couple comments turned in to a bit of a rant....

• Like 1

don't mean to hijack this thread but there are so many people like this out there.

I once was filling up gas and this redneck fckface decided to pull his rust bucket truck right in front of mine and block me to fill up all his tires

At first i thought he was just gonna be quick and top up his tires but as soon as i was done filling up my gas the guy was still there going to his 2 of 4th tire.

i politely asked him to move. as there was a line up behind me and he was blocking oncoming lane. his response was "when im fcking done now get back in your car and shut up". i was shocked that people act in this manner.

My buddy who was in the passenger seat told him to watch his mouth.and the guy got up and right in his face and my buddy one punched him out cold on the side of the gas station. wasn't smart on that guys end as my buddy is a 6 foot 300 lb russian football player.

the guy filling up his tire was out cold and his passenger got in the drivers and moved the car and we were on our way with the redneck still sleeping on the concrete.

I feel that if guys like the lincoln guy or the guy at the gas station are that ignorant they are asking for it. obviously talking hasn't helped them. so maybe a bit of negative reinforcement will show them that what they are doing isn't working

again sorry for jacking the thread

• Like 3

Who knows what kind of encounters they have had with each other in the past. Maybe it was for the better.Hopefully the guy is OK and learned a harsh lesson that there are people out there that will respond that way. I bet people will be a lot more respectful at the boat launch now this happened.

• Like 1

Won't lie, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often on the Bow with the lack of tact regarding boat launches... Setting your boat/pontoon/rods/etc in the launch is not cool. Getting your boat into the water should take maybe 30 seconds. Same with taking your boat out.

Maybe it's how fast the boats are being bought, but the very first thing I ever learnt with my drift boat is to never go into the launch until you're ready to go. It amazes me to this day how many people have not figured this one out, it's very simple and very respectful to your fellow users.

• Like 1

While fighting is not great I must say that the guide probably stop the guy in the Lincoln from pissing off a hole bunch more people. Not to mention every now and then people need to be put in there place. It is not always pretty but it happens.

• Like 1

i know first hand what all went down , allot more to the story then stated ,

the guy was mouthy and got just what he deserved ,

he was mouthy to a few to many people that morning ,

and my bud never hauled him out of his truck , he got out and decided he was going to push my friend around, well it backfired on him , he got just what he deserved , then he called sulking to the RCMP after having his ass whipped , they showed up and talked to everyone , all sides and all witness ,

the good guide got a friendly pat on the back and told to carry on and take his clients out fishing for the day , justice was served

what the mouthy person didn't know was that the clients were getting it all on vid while it was going down , as soon as the boys in red seen the video , was enough to know that the guide was fine in defending himself ,

and just so everyone knows , my bud had his boat already in the water launched , the mouthy guy was blocking him from getting out , and he was also being rude to a few others in line waiting , he;ll think twice next time he decides to shoot off and do a bully act ,

• Like 6