Fly Fusion Forums

Advice On A Pontoon

DRock

Water masters are very nice boats. They are extremely stable in still-waters because of how much of the boat contacts the water, but for the same reason they are not as maneuverable or as fast to row as the scadden boats because they lack the front and back rocker.

If your looking for something to float the bow or fish lakes it would be a great boat, if your looking for something that you can challenge some whitewater there are better options in my opinion.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,New to the board. Any comments on a Water Master Grizzly frameless pontoon /raft.Made in Usa / life time warranty. DOWNSIDE - price!

Little late on this one. I've had a WM for four years and absolutely love it. Very stable and great on white water. In addition to the Bow & Elk, I've used it in northern BC (Skeena tribs) as well as some Vancouver Island rivers with Class II-III whitewater. It has handled all of those situations very well.

It does cost a bit more because it is made in the US (Montana) but well worth it in my opinion. They are very durable and well made. I have over 140 outings on my raft. The service is also great.

Gillraker

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,New to the board. Any comments on a Water Master Grizzly frameless pontoon /raft.Made in Usa / life time warranty. DOWNSIDE - price!

A bunch of my friends have watermasters. The quality is great as is the customer service. General consensus is that the kodiak is better for a taller person (6 feet +) than the grizzly.

I'm in the market for an inflatable. Love the watermasters, except that it's hard to stand up safely on them.