Fly Fusion Forums

Dangerous

I read that this evening as well what a bunch of scum bags. I like how they point how there is no cell phone reception below the hill, as if that wont draw more attention from other poachers reading it as well...

Horrible regardless.

Reported some poachers this weekend. The CO and Parks have been very good communicating back and has already charged one and is reviewing additional charges for the other 3.

good on ya for stepping up and calling them in , i always take pictures of them with my cell , hope they catch and lay charges on them pricks for roughing the guy up , just another good reason to carry bear spray like i do , stops bears and mean mouthy poachers fast

Its great that there are those of us that are willing to call these poachers in, but we should never put ourselves in danger to do it. Curious how long he was recording before he was assulted. What kind of language was also exchanged?

"In Canada all products with a label containing the words pepper spray, mace, etc., or otherwise originally produced for use on humans are classified as a prohibited weapon.[36] Only law enforcement officers may legally carry or possess pepper spray. Any similar canister with the labels reading "dog spray" and/or "bear spray" is regulated under the Pest Control Products Act - while legal to be carried by anyone, it is against the law if its use causes 'a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person' or harming the environment and carries a penalty up to a fine of $500,000 and jail time of maximum 3 years.[37]"

Keeping your distance and calling in to fish and wildlife is ALWAYS the best action anyone should take.You will never know what situation can arise from confrounting poachers on your own.We all cherrish our Lakes,rivers and steams from an anglars point of view.Nothing is worth risking your life for.We have police to fight crime,firemen to fight fires and conservation officers to fight poaching.You wouldn't take it apon yourself to fight a 3 alarm fire would you. Just my 2 cents In saying all that I hope they catch the guys who beat this guy and throw the book at them.

Some people might recall a couple of years I posted about a situation where I called in a poacher near the Douglasdale ball diamonds and made the mistake of letting the poacher know I had done so. The result was the poacher went to the parking lot and slashed the tires of another fisherman who had very little to do with the incident other than lending me his phone to make the call. What I took from that incident was that while you should always call in poachers you have to be careful about how you do it.